In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HELP! What Brand, Model, year of production of my 7.65

SteelgraySteelgray Member Posts: 3
edited February 2021 in Ask the Experts

I have a 7.65 that I have no info on. All I can see is Made in Italy cal7.65-m-m32-bore-p1- I see no Brand Name, No Model. I have removed the grips and the magazine used a bright light and see no markings. How can I find information for this pistol. Also since I do not have any info not sure how to field strip the pistol. Help Please. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

It's an older Beretta, possibly 1951 or 70 series. It has been "scrubbed"; i.e.; someone has removed substantial amounts of steel with a grinder, then polished & blued it. The slide markings look reasonable nice, but were done by hand with engraving tools.

Since the serial number has been removed, simple possession is a federal crime. I recommend that you throw it into a large body of water or bury it. Most friendly police agencies would accept it for destruction (always make arrangements by phone before bringing a gun into a police station).

Neal

EDIT: Looks like we failed to give you a definitive answer to your question. Maybe if you give us better photos, with good fill lighting, we might be able to spot other clues.

• Options
    SteelgraySteelgray Member Posts: 3

It looks closer to the M1935 what do you think

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

I don't believe it's Italian at all. Looks to me, to be a Khyber Pass special, ( North West, Pakistan. Close to the border with Afghanistan). GOOGLE, "Khyber Pass Guns". Also a bunch of U Tube videos, showing how and where they make them there.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at photos from internet put i closer to the early FIE./ Excam/Targa pistols.

Not Beretta Not in any of my two Beretta Books. Trigger guard front is longer , sights not correct, and hammer not correct..

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭

Not Beretta at all...Import post 1968 Targa brand GT series.

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

Targa's were a economy line of semi-auto pistols, made by Tanfoglio in Italy. They came with full Italian markings and proof marks. The OP's pistol might look like a Targa. But the lack of Italian markings and proof marks. Identify it as being spurious. As per my previous post my money is on it being a fake from Pakistan.

https://www.icollector.com/Tanfoglio-Targa-Model-GT-32-Semi-Auto-Pistol_i22664063#