In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is a CDC mandate Federal law?

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭

Travelled recently and was barraged with PSAs stating that the mask mandate for planes and airports was a ‘federal law’.

i get that interstate carriers have to abide by these stupid decrees, and that when in their playground you play by their rules.

Am I wrong to think these dictates cannot be legitimately described as ‘Federal Law’?

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭

If I remember schoolhouse rock correctly, there was never any mention of an "agency mandate" being law. But that's exactly how the mandates are treated.

This is the biggest problem with how the federal government has overstepped the bounds of the Constitution. Unelected bureaucrats creating rules for thee and trampling the Tenth Amendment in the process. See the topic "How to drain the swamp" farther down this page.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,357 ******
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭

Are BATFE "rules" federal law?

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

It is a regulation enforcing a Federal Law. What law they hung their hat on to declare this enforceable is a question for a Philadelphia Lawyer Politician. They could answer that question in 2,500 pages of legal jargon.

• Options

Traveling was a bizarre experience. I don’t think I’ve worn a mask for more than 10 minutes at a stretch since this s show began. Wearing one for virtually 13 hours straight really opened my eyes to what a bunch of mindless drones we have become.

Almost a year ago I moved specifically because of the crap put out by WA state.

I think I would be in jail had I not done so.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

What about the Americans With Disabilities Act? It is my understanding that you can not be forced to wear a Mask, or explain what Health Disability prevents you from doing so. (Right/Wrong?)

I have breathing issues. (Nose does not work.) I try and wear the mask, but get SERIOUSLY Claustraphobic doing so. If I pull it off, Sorry, You are not going to come over and tell me to put it back on. I will cite the above Act.

Ditch-Runner knows what I'm talking about.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,179 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I think you can take it off Ken, but they still have the right to ask you to leave, or deny entrance if you won't use one. VA has big signs all over about this, basically they can deny treatment if you don't have mask on. Same with walmart it you don't have it on and they ask you to leave, it is their right if you don't they can get you for tresspassing, sucks but that is the new america.

I went to see my pulmonary doctor at VA few weeks back, he knows I have breathing issues but kept insisting I pull it up over my nose, I usually leave my nose exposed and just cover my mouth, helps with my breathing issues, he said it was policy, I just told him fine, I don't have any new complaints or conditions and you told me I just had to live with it, told him no disrespect but I will see you in a year.

as per the federal law issue, I thought that was covered by the pandemic decleration, some type of deal about calling it a national emergency and congress didn't have to pass the laws to make em legal....

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I believe king joe signed an executive order requiring a mask in any federal building.

I don't think I could have worn one for 13 hrs.

RLTW

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Are you a democrap and are there any cameras around?? This seems to be a determining factor. If you are not a democrap then multiple masks are to be worn.

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, you don't think Government Elite Masters care about the law do you? YOU WILL COMPLY!!!!!!

• Options

It is weird. I don’t even carry a mask with me in Idaho. Florida was supposed to wide open and free. I was asked at least 4 times the first day to put one on or leave.

Brad Steele