In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ibaraki Over & Under 410

Allen2075Allen2075 Member Posts: 1

I have a Ibaraki Over & Under 410 shotgun and was wanting to know about it's history and value. The gun is in very good condition.

On one of the barrel it states Ibaraki firearms Co, LTD made in Japan

On the other side it states Harrington & Richardson Inc Worcester Mass

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

I tried to research it, with no luck. The original H & R company went out of business in 1986. This is years after they moved their plant out of Worcester MA. Because of this my WAG is that your shotgun wouldn't date any later than the 1970's?

At one time there was a couple of shotgun specific gun forums on the net. Collecting them is very popular in some European countries. As shotguns are the only legal firearms that can be owned. You might consider doing a search to see if these forums still exist. If anybody would know about your shotgun. It would be one of these European collectors.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

I saw an old auction result (not gunbroker) where one in nicer shape went for about $250. The only information I found on Ibaraki is that it is thought that they went out of business in the mid 70s. I would not put the value of your gun very high due to the lack of parts available, condition, and the fact it was an entry level plain jane bargain basement kind of gun when new. Interesting- yes, valuable- no. Bob