In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is there any interest in Hi-Skor 800x?

I’ve read that 800x was discontinued in 2020. I still see 700x on the shelves occasionally. Is one better than the other? When I checked Gunbroker I didn’t see any 800 for sale. Is one more desirable than the other? If there is interest I’d list some 800 on the site. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

With the lack of powder impacting the nation now is a great time to sell. 800X will not last long on the auction side as it is a useful powder for shotgun and some pistol loads. I have a eight pound jug of 700X that works great for 9MM. It has been a while since I loaded much with 800X but if I needed powder I sure would snap it up. It is excellent for several pistol calibers from .38-44 mag.

Post a link to your auction here and someone may help get it going.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Remember that you need to be a licensed hazmat shipper to legally ship powder/primers.

• Options
    243winxb243winxb Member Posts: 264 ✭✭

I have used both lately in handguns. The 800X is slower burn rate then 700x. Just use load data. Both ok in 45 acp, 44 mag, 38 spec. & 357 mag. Midrange target loads with cast bullets.

But both powders are better for shotguns, because they don't meter well thru some measure for handguns. Using 700X in 9mm Luger now, but expect a variation of +/- 1/10 th gr. Cant load maximum charge, unless hand weighting each charge.

[url] https://saami.org [/url]