In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good Shooting Super Single Six Old Model

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I have owned this little six gun for a long while. It will shoot real good. As good as a decent High Standard target pistol good. No brag, just fact. And the action is as crisp as a new $2 bill. If you need a good shooter this is it.

Ruger Super Single Six - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 893173571

Comments

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck, one of the finer guns Ruger makes as far as Im concerned. I liked them so much I bought four of them for $250 a piece. Wish I had bought more. Gave one to all the kids husbands. I got one left. Ill be watching, but dont think I can handle todays prices. They are real leaf shooters!

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I think the leaf shooting should have a patent or at least a franchise to the fellow that came up with it.🤑

• Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭

I'd like to see your 'Rapid fire' target to compare against a Hi-Standard, S&W Mdl 41 or any non single shot Hammerli. (or Kart or Day 22 conversion)

• Options

I assume you are trying to make a joke. That little Ruger has turned in some very small groups from 25 yards. I never meant it was a bullseye gun. I have owned all the guns you mentioned with the exception of a Hammerli or a conversation. The Hammerli's were too expensive and I never felt the need for a Kart as they would not shoot any better than some of the HS guns I had.

• Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭

I currently have one (several actually) in an estate we are liquidating. But one of them came to us rusty and pitted. So sad.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,621 ✭✭✭✭

I am sure it will do well for you along with your other listings ,

I always wanted a ruger 22 SS with both cylinders but just could find one ( well at give away price LOL ) one of the very few guns I wanted but never got to own but then again maybe some day .

I will watch it but I know it will do way better than what I would spend

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Those are nice little 22s much better than what is being put out today.

RLTW

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,385 ******

I picked up a NM 3 months ago with only the LR cylinder for $300, I'll bet this Old model will do very well, good luck!

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭✭

My very first pistol ,in 1973 was a single six convertible with the 9&1/2 inch barrel . It will be the last to leave my hands .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice Ricci.

I'm in Sell mode just now, not Buy mode. I'm at the point in my life, I should pare down. Might as well make hay, while the sun is shining.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

"Does it have a 22 magnum cylinder?"

Best question of the day award.

7 photos of the extra 22 mag cylinder and its mentioned twice in the write up.

"Do I make the check out to ShootersChoice?"

Man you have to have the patience of Job to do this.

Nice gun BTW Ricci I hope it gets up there some more. Ken you should have waited this would be a great leaf gun and it has a 22 Magnum cylinder but I already said that didn't I.

RLTW

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

.22mag is overkill as a Leaf Popper Sam.

Plus, I've stopped shooting at floating leaves. I was told it was impossible. (Actually, the main reason is there are no floating leaves at this point. The pond periodically freezes over also.)

Does this firearm come with the .22mag cylinder, or is it extra?

• Options

For you the extra cylinder is extra. So are the grips but I will sell you one at a time as I know you are on a tight budget and competing with the dog for food.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,621 ✭✭✭✭

wow it even has kill notches cut in the grips .

I think it will do well

like I said I hoped to have one but in SS but the older I get that want may not come to pass

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭

I found something that may be of interest. Per the book, Ruger & His Guns, the Super Single Six started production in 1964 at serial number 500001. The numbers ran through 572012 and then the prefix series started with 60-00001. So, if my math is correct, numbers inclusive, no numbers scrapped or skipped, your gun, #60-08989, would be 81,001. IOW, the 81 thousand first SSS produced.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful little gun.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DPHMINDPHMIN Member Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

It will be interesting to see what it ends up bringing. I have one like it (that I don't want to sell), and I'd like to know what it's worth.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,714 ******

That ain’t no pot metal Heritage.