In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new gun shop

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,625 ✭✭✭✭

in the town I for the most part grew up in ( about ten miles from me ) ( Sidney Oh )

a new gun shop is opening its doors on Feb 27th per the local news . in the interview the owner or one of them was stacking up ammo (the video only showed about 10 boxes or so 9mm and 7.62x39 ). he said a lot of places are taking advantage of the buyers by jacking up prices there plan to sell at normal prices not the panic prices ,

JMHO if true they will sell and "normal cost " that I will have to see and bet dollars to doughnuts they will limit one box per person per day or some such limits or if you buy a gun then you can buy the ammo . if not the first person in would clean house and resell it is my guess . I will add its really the only smart thing to do. being a small shop and just opening up they have little choice to keep the doors open

he said they hope to keep growing and hope soon ( some day ) to build a indoor range he is right about nothing being close to us as far as indoor ranges go

I may stop by at least to say thanks for starting the place and wish them well .

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭

I wish him luck and hope he has a better time of even getting a inventory to sell then a lot of small shops around here

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭✭

Even our large dealers are having trouble getting guns and ammo to sell . Shelves for the most part are bare . Still , all of the trainers doing states mandated concealed carry classes are reporting full classes . . so ammo is coming from somewhere

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

"Normal prices"?

Is that what the market will bear? Or a "normal" retail you see? The averaged across several outlets with a 20-30% markup seems "normal." But what is reasonable based upon cost and demand?

Today it seems "Normal Prices" are total out of your mind, panic driven mind bending insanity to those of us that shoot a LOT and have sufficient reloading supplies to get past this time of panic buying and across the board industry shortage of ammo and components.

I just hope the insanity ends before I run out of the 2,500 small pistol primers available on my shelf with untold thousands already loaded.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

I hope they do well.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,625 ✭✭✭✭

there store front sign has security service , training and ccw classes . from the interview I took it he was very clear he did not like the people and shops marking up prices cheating the public he was going to sell his ammo and guns at what most would call normal mark up no panic prices , I will try and stop by after he ( they ) open he may have good intentions , I will have to see it practice . they can not just pull inventory out of thin air

they have a foot in the door already based on his interview and signs and found a store front ,

but like most I do not see a small shop getting any supply of ammo or guns with current demand ,

my youngest son has a FFL and get request but told me being a small dealer its almost impossible right now to get about any thing .

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭