In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Speaking of high prices, neighbors house just sold WOW!

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

Inflation is in theory nothing when you look at COLA's but wife and I were walking and noticed the neighbors house for sale was marked sold so I looked on line to see what it went for out of curiosity.

We bought our place in 1981 for 29K, their house is almost identical including upgrades since.

The house sold for 210K! WHAT?!

They had it listed for 200 and I guess got multiple offers that pushed it up to 210, I told the wife a year ago I thought ours would go for around 120ish, which was high in my opinion but now I have to seriously consider cashing out before interest rates or prices change and just moving up to our place in the country and banking the tax free sale of our principal residence. Its nice having two places one close to town and one with lots of privacy but that is allot of money.

Baring any disasters we already figure we can get by pretty good on our retirement/savings but even if we got 160-180 adding that to our account would go along way to spending the remainder of my days awestruck in front of waterfalls!

If SS COLAs reflected Real Estate and Stock market inflation I guess we could all spend our years Golfing in Florida :)

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments