In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trying to find out anything about 22 lr

TimtTimt Member Posts: 1

Hello I'm trying to figure out what kind of gun I have inherited I know it's a German Precision rifle I thought it might be a Precision Karabiner but it just says Precision rifle here are all the maker marks and pictures and info would be appreciated it's Simpson & Suhl precision rifle single shot 22 LR Imported by A.F. Stoeger has matching numbers on slide and barrel and I think they call the slide a butter knife slide will attach pictures and makers mark I don't know if it's worth 50 are 200 are 10,000 I just want info It was my great grandfathers so I would never sell it anyway but some kind of information would be awesome.

Thanks,James

Comments

• Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭

This was not an expensive rifle when sold. These were imported prior to WWII. Look in pre war catalogs , or the WUM catalog for just such rifles.

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

Believe it would date to the 1920's. Suhl was the city. Simpson was one of the most prominent manufacturers/wholesalers during that time. Although their name was on it. It was probably made for them to sell by another company. It's a inexpensive, single shot, 22, known as a "garden gun".

Because of the missing trigger guard and rough external condition. Not a high value item. Only thing to make it unique is the Simpson name. Which was more associated with Luger pistols, rather than .22 rifles. During that time frame.

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭

Trigger guard was probably Bakelite or other primitive plastic and rather brittle; easy to knock off. My Walther single shot's plastic trigger guard is not missing but it is cracked.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

JUST A LITTLE NOMENCLATURE

It is a bolt action single shot rifle (not a "percussion" rifle)

it doesn't have a "slide" it has a' bolt'

and like others have said. It isn't in very good shape and has minimal value