In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It's about 3 a.m. and I'm in the Phoenix airport waiting for a flight back to

slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Reno.

I've been outta the country visiting a country that protects its borders.

I had to have a covid test to get out and then back in. O.K., I did 'em. One hour here; a day and a half there.

And I'm thinking about the Unfunded Mandate Book. How thick is it? Hell, I'll give it an inch. Betcha after the next four years, it'll rival Gutenberg.

So I decided I don't want to do this anymore. And then I remembered that government, being evil but not stupid, probably has a puny unelected peon already drafting a law against not doing anything anymore for one of those corrupt millionaires that pass Unfunded Mandate Laws to make our lives better. All the while thinking about the untested swarms at our lower than lower border.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

slinger,

Welcome to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport!

Not much to do here and most of the food joints close earlier now. But it's cooler inside and you're insulated from all that traffic noise.

Please be careful as to how you express your displeasures. Too much more than where you're headed now will get this moved to Politics.

Best.

• Options

I'll rechannel my efforts.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭

What country/countries were you visiting??

30+ years ago I spent many hours at Sky Harbor waiting for my daughters, parents and friends flights to arrive.

Back then the "girl watching" was outstanding!! I finally realized why there were so many good looking ladies at airports. Who would pay money to fly in a woman wearing a flea collar?? 😁

• Options

I always wanted to fly my plane into Sky Harbor for the romanticism of the name. Timing always wrong.

There's money in airports to buy scenery.

Dominican Republic. It's been called a sxxxhole on this forum, but I believe they are no more corrupt than -ahem- so-called first world countries. And safer than Chicago, Baltimore, NYC, Detroit, etc. As a sideline, I have a home and rental properties there.

Regards

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

DR is a nice place. They have some rough country there, lots of cactus, no water and mean bugs.

RLTW

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I had a lot of fun in Reno in the 80's. My last house was right at the base of Mt. Rose.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Attended an Outdoor Retailer Show in Reno once for my Co. (A large Outdoor Adventure Equipment Store and Mailorder.) They screwed up my reservation, and I was comped a Luxury Suite on the top floor of Harrah's.

Our VP's were double up in Motel 6 like accomodations. I thought it was Hysterical. Kept asking them if they wanted to come over and hang out in my living room. 😂

Attended an Industry Party that had a Rockin' band of fake Elvis', with sky high pompedors. Free food and booze.

Good times. 👍

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Before flight ask the Pilot if the pre flight went right...