In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Back in the hospital.

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

I took June back last Sunday and we're still here. They're giving her blood transfusions and antibiotics. Her hemoglobin is low due to internal bleeding from a bruise that she got from the fall she had back in December. Besides the cancer she also has an infection in her lungs that has her white blood cell count up that they're treating with the antibiotics.

They finally started giving her more pain medicine but it's been a battle. I finally got a hold of the hospital administrator and and ask her why are they rationing pain medicine to a woman who has a terminal disease? Are you afraid she's going to get hooked on drugs or are you afraid she's going to start selling them on the street, l asked? I told her you wouldn't let an animal suffer like she's been suffering. Anyway the administrator must have lit a fire under the doctors because now she's getting four times the medicine she was getting. They increased her morphine from 30 mg to 120 mg every 8 hours and they increased the Dilaudid from 2 mg to 6 mg from 6 hours to every 2 hours.

June doesn't want to give up and go into hospice care she wants to continue taking her chemo medicine and battle it as long as she can. She knows her chances are slim but we're still praying for a miracle.

And again thank you guys for all your prayers we really do appreciate it.

Greg

Comments