In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Insanity in the education system.

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Politics

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭

Achievement has been penalized for the mainstream American via the tax code for decades.

The answer has always been to bring down the successful and hard working to benefit those that have not taken advantage of the opportunities America has to offer.

We are apparently now expanding this concept to middle school students.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Don, what blows my mind is these gifted children, either gifted by God or by hard work, are the wrong skin tone so must be put in their place. The excuses are standardized tests are racist, IQ tests are racist are BS. A kid either works hard to learn and advances or they do not.

The public school systems are becoming the most racist institutions in our nation. The Universities and Colleges are already way past the point of no return.

Shut up and pay your taxes WHITE BOY. That is the new way for Americans.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,629 ✭✭✭✭

wow that's a surprise ( not ) we have to hold back the smart kids so the dumb ones do not feel bad just like no winners or looser in sports . I will bet same people that want to make a living and raze a family flipping burgers

I am amazed at how 18 % of the population even smaller % of the alphabet groups have changed our country I am not upset at them but dumbfounded that have such pull

and yet 50 to 100 million gun owners just a guess? we get dumped on every day by new restriction's because we will not stick together and "protest" like the other groups do

back when I was in 8th grade ( a long time ago when school was school based on todays ) we had a history teacher , tell us we were destined in the near future to have two classes of people really rich and poor people , the middle class would be gone . since my family was already in the poor category , I did not think much on it . however I still a clear memory of him in front of the class telling us or warning I guess would be a better way of saying it

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭

Agree 100%, Bruce. We have to recognize that there are areas in this country where young people have difficulty breaking out into the greater society. The correct answer is to assimilate these kids to into a culture of hard work and success.

We seem to be choosing, however, to hold back success so the disparity is less obvious. It’s easier and cheaper in the short term, but will bite us hard in the long term.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

That is hilarious.

RLTW

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭

When will the racial disparity be solved in the nba?

That's when I'll start watching. (not😊)

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

What a shame

My daughter teaches High School English, she is not allowed to give the kids who fail to turn in a paper on time a zero, they are allowed to turn it in late and are required to get a grade above failing.

We are teaching children they can't fail and then sending them out into a work environment where they will be guaranteed to fail. Next Uncle Sam will tell private employers that you can't fire those who don't perform.

America undone right before our eyes in one generation :(

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options

Oh Man @mogley98 if I had gone to her school I might have been a brain surgeon.

RLTW

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭

Impossible to address this subject without mentioning politics. Education has been circling the drain ever since the Peanut Farmer and the DEMOCRATs federalized it in 1979. Its now leftist DEMOCRAT indoctrination, propaganda, and brainwashing.

Between education and the media controlled by DEMOCRAT, we are in deep doodoo.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Simple solution. Give them all A's and send them out into the real world. That will separate them real quick.

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Toss in "Free" college with "c u m laudes" for all ......... that's where we're headed.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,267 ✭✭✭✭

The degradation of the education system since liberals took over.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,427 ******

Just a few years from now new doctors will put a new twist to the word practice that we use for the practice of medicine.

Perhaps population control is not so tin foil after all!

• Options
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah- feeling good about your answer is great- until you leave the areas of Art History or Philosophy- and venture into the world of accounting, engineering, medicine.

Whether or not the bridge collapses has nothing to do with how good you feel about your load calculations.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭

I have read that many schools will start giving participation awards instead of diplomas.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Instead of keeping the or raising the education bar, the school system has lowered the education standards.

Agree with the participation award.

The slower students would pull the overall test scores down which does not look good for the system.

I have always said a test is not to see how good the student is but to show how effective the teacher is.

My neighbor, grew up with him, cannot hardly read well enough to fill out a job application. Two things come into fault.

The parents did not see the need to help him, or they were not aware of the situation. I feel like the teachers, rather than see than he learned to read, just moved him along in the system. He made it through half of his senior year and could not read.

I may get a raking if there are any teachers here. Please keep there are some really good and concerned teachers out there.

Annnnd while I am at it the system has moved away form a education to indoctrination.😕

• Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I used to teach at a state university where, as part of my contractual "service" duties, I served for many years on what was called the Admission Appeals Committee. The committee was charged with examining applications for admission to the university by students who didn't get in under normal admission rules. For example, they had low high-school class rank, terribly low ACT scores, weak application essays, luke-warm recommendation letters, etc. In debating who got in and who didn't, I always said the only thing worse than our denying a student admission was granting admission to someone who most surely would fail and drop out or be suspended within a year or so. To this day I will argue that if we let students slip through programs without any real skill, we're just setting them up to learn that the "real world" will kick their incompetent butts out the door early in their careers. Sadly, today it's looking more and more like ability to do a job is less and less a factor in keeping a job, getting raises, being promoted, etc. It's not what an employee can do but rather who the employee is from a "politically correct" viewpoint -- employment's version of participation trophies😪. Heaven help us as a country.

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hurry Scottie before I see the world news and the election results.

BEAM ME UP FAST SCOTTIE, NO INTELLIGENT LIFE DOWN HERE ON EARTH.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

white privilege

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Only 1 non white in the Aerospace shop I worked in and he swept the floor.

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭

"Next Uncle Sam will tell private employers that you can't fire those who don't perform."

I thought that was the Union's job. 😉