In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deck question

asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭

We're going to be "reboarding" our 20 year old 700 sq. ft. deck this spring, joist are 16" o.c. Looking at the Timbertech hidden fastener Azek series in the "Vintage" product. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭

comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment, Do it, you won't be sorry...comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,comment, comment, comment,

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I went with Trex about 6 years ago on a smaller (300sq ft) deck. I very happy with it though I probably would have gone with the hidden fasteners if I was to do it again. It's not so much for appearance but I think more ease of installation.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

I have Trex here in Alaska and our nasty cold winters make the material shrink, exposing the screw heads, which I shear off with the snow shovel.

If you can hide your fasteners, do it.

• tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭

I replaced two porches last summer with Azek tongue and groove "porch style" boards. It was really easy to work with. Of course, mine fastened with hidden screws into the groove side of the board, like a traditional porch floor. Very easy and looks great.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭

Any "real wood" lumber you buy these days will shrink like wool socks in a dryer.