In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blocked from selling

I've been on GB for several years. I've sold a few small items in the past and have made several purchases, as well. The only issue I've had was about 2 years ago. A seller listed a revolver as NOS and it wasn't. So, I requested a refund. I recently wanted to sell an item but, seem to be blocked? I've reached out to customer support but didn't get a direct answer other than check your local laws. I'm not sure what that means regarding my question? Could my past request for a refund be the reason I can no longer sell? Do I need to do something else? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

The ONLY way to get to the bottom of the issue is through GB Auctions SUPPORT. The forums are completely separate from the auction side and nobody here has a way of actually helping beyond giving advice.

My advice is to keep trying! The support side of GB is flooded with issues and requests. Send your VERY clearly defined issue to Support and BE PATIENT. They are working around the clock to help but there are only so-many people and way too many things going on in this time of panic.

Did you register a valid credit card that went through for a small refunded charge?

Is your address verifiable and the same?

I have been here since 2003 and have bought and sold about 140 items. All the safety measures must have a check mark in the computers mind to allow someone to sell or buy. It is just the way it works now, the buying panic has made this even more important.

Patience is the key, frustrating as it is, it is still 900 times better than dealing with Government, so smile and keep on trucking!

• Options
    blocked from sellingblocked from selling Member Posts: 2

I added a credit card but, no charges were made. My address is verifiable and the same.

Does one have to add a bank account to sell on GB?

Thanks

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Hmm, you have to have a credit card on file as "backup" payment unless you send payment in mail for services rendered. And it has to be verified by GB and they will send a charge to the card ,like $1.43 to make sure it/ you are valid. As above, be concise about your issue or go back to your account and check to see if your card has expired which will render said account invalid.

And, no, the issue of sending back an item is not your issue. It happens all the time just to clarify.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******

Aside from the good advise already given; go to your 'My GunBroker' and check your account info for current up to date info. Edit/correct as necessary. Check that your on file CC has not expired.

This discussion has been closed.