In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First fish of 2021

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in The Fishing Hole!

No it is not much of a fish but it always feels good to hook the first one of the season.....this one is proof there are crappies in a little conservation lake I have fished for over 10 years. Last year I ran into an old character at this lake and we talked about fishing and what is swimming around out there.

I told him I had caught bass, bluegill, crappies and a few catfish. The old guy looked me in the eye and said "There ain't no crappies in that lake and there never has been" So I told the guy I had caught several over the years but as I am mainly a bass fisherman, I really have not sought them out. His response was " I don't know if I would even believe there was one in there if I saw a picture of one"

I think I have proof now....and I threw it back so I know there still at least one crappies in there (and likely a bunch of them )...I should run into him one of these mornings as it gets warmer out and he is down there fishing for catfish....

I look forward to his response...

Anyone else been wetting a line yet ??

Comments