In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Royal Family

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭

Help settle an argument I have with our church pastor. If prince Charles dies before he becomes king, who is next? Is it Charles' brother, Andrew, or Charles' son William?

Comments

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Son if you follow the logic. Andrew would not make anyway, he is tainted.

serf

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,376 ******

The Brits pay dearly to keep their royals that are just a figure head without political powers. Makes about as much sense as what our individual States are becoming.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

it is where we are headed

• Options

We were probably better off under George than joe and commie.

RLTW

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I'm amazed that anyone even cares about this, but I'm constantly amazed at the things which concern our forum members.

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Pfffffft that ain't nothing, Mark. Wait till we get going on the Nature of Consciousness. Even deeper than understanding the origin of the Universe, understanding the origin of consciousness that allows us to understand the origin of the Universe is regarded as the most important question in science, certainly worthy of discussion here.

Is there direct evidence of the workings of the principles of quantum mechanics operating in the brain at multiple levels, from neurons to behavior? We are asking exactly what it is that connects the micro world to the macro world?

Roger Penrose and Stuart Hammerof proposed the switching of protein assemblies called microtubules in the brain that could be explained (POPPYCOCK!!!!!) as a direct example of the entangled superposition of elementary particles. But this provocative thesis received a major blow from the work of Max Tegmark who demonstrated that at ordinary temperatures any kind of particle entanglement in the brain would undergo very rapid decoherence, a kind of "averaging out" that would essentially sever the (entangled states)|(observable biochemical properties) connection.

The question seems far from settled; other work has demonstrated links between elementary superposition and important phenomena like photosynthesis and electron transfer in proteins.

So what are we supposed to do, just stew in our juices? Is this forum not the PERFECT place to hash this stuff out? Are we not men? Do we not bleed?

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

I don’t know about the first part of your post, Nanuq, but in America today I have been told that yes, men bleed.

That is where our societal consciousness is going.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options

Come on man!

We are all seeking knowledge.

Here is another tidbit of Royal knowledge; None of the "Royals" are even English. They are part Austrian(The Queen)and Greek(Their Dad The Prince).

I am glad the British are saddled with them we have enough slack jawed, chinless hammerheads sponging off the rest of us.

RLTW

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I will ask my Irish best friend. I am sure he cares. Insert dark green font.

• Options

Looking at that chart.. I had no clue and really don't care who is in line.. But if #1 & #2 Died it would be hilarious to see that little child in charge as #3

• Options

Some very heavy thoughts for this "Soul" man Nanuq. And I'm just an average white guy! 🙂

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******

“slack jawed, chinless hammerheads”

I’m going to steal that.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Most blood in the line is German in The Windsor house.They had to dump the German names in WW I.

serf

https://www.quora.com/Are-the-British-Royal-family-German

The British Royal Family is descended from German ancestors. The House of Windsor has been the reigning royal house of the United Kingdom since the death of Queen Victoria in 1901, though it was once known by a different name. She was a member of the House of Hannover, the long-reigning royal house of the United Kingdom since the 17th century. Though the House of Hannover had its roots in Germany, not since King George II (1727–1760) has a monarch been born in Germany or identified themselves as German. By the time of Queen Victoria, the House of Hannover was undeniably British, though with German influence as the royals frequently married German royals. Since the royal family was then required to marry Protestants of royal blood, this left royals from many German speaking countries as the only options. Queen Victoria did just that when she married the German-born Prince Albert.

• Options

What ever they they are all a bunch of chinless, poofs IMO. I cannot stand them in any form. Thank God we gt rid of their sorry * the bad thing is today we have replaced them with the hollweird elite, the east coast libtard and the west coast commi. When its all said and done they are all a bunch of chinless stick armed poofs who should walk in the gutter IMO.

RLTW

• Options
  • Options

I guess there is going to be a real shake up at the palace after Harry and megan spewed out their perpetual whine on ophra's show.

They claimed everything, mean SIL, raycist remarks, feeling trapped...............you name it was a whine a thon. Here you have 2 rich punks who have never really had to do anything and all they do is whine. They should be grateful for what they have but they learned it from their hollweird buddys. Royals make me want to puke.

RLTW

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

My vote is in the greater scheme of my time here on this earth, I simply don't care about Royals, their infighting, palace intrigue, Megan's biological heritage, the Queen mum, Prince Charles, Camila Bowles or what ever her name is, Princess Diane, her sons or even if the Royal family uses Charmin Extra Soft TP.

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

Prince Harry- gives up his prized Purdey hunting rifles to please his new wife, and move to California. Probably donated the money to PETA or Greenpeace. Now whining on Oprah about how tough it is being royal.

Go home back to England you liberal whining crybabies...

• Options

Meanwhile Pelosi is taking notes. "So I need to wear a fishnet head scarf and pout when I'm on Oprah, to be royal. Got it."

• Options

The blue bloods are for world peace under the control of big business.Being in The NWO under the United Nations and disarm all peoples so they can instill their will on the populations. There is no other nation that has a right to keep and bear arms for we are the last.

The great reset will be there prized act to set up a World government for all.

serf

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

I would like to see those tabloid reporters that follow the royals around start collecting DNA samples. It would be entertaining AND answer the above question. I wonder if Maury would get involved?😈

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

It is an institution and not a family.

IMO, life in that environment would be hell on earth.

Saw snippets of the interview, and, frankly, I thought the bitching and whining to be very unbecoming. They both knew what they were getting into, and would have been better served to gracefully exit and not play into the tabloid idiocy.

That said, if the Brits want to keep them, more power to them. Not our rodeo.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,358 ******

"Not our rodeo."

+1

• Options
    edited March 2021

Oprah got six million dollars for the interview and she top herself because last time she was playing with purses in Switzerland and cause a ruckus because the proprietor thought she could not afford 100.000 pursue,this time she got the biggest scoop she ever will have! Defaming the royal family as racists!! I betcha Prince Andrew's dog house just got bigger!

serf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFsMn7yvzQ

Harry, Meghan interview reverberates across globe

But Harry revealed he currently has a poor relationship with William and said things got so bad with his father that at one point Prince Charles stopped taking his calls.

“There is a lot to work through there,” Harry said of his father. “I feel really let down. He’s been through something similar. He knows what pain feels like. And Archie is his grandson. I will always love him, but there is a lot of hurt that has happened.”

https://apnews.com/article/uk-royals-harry-meghan-oprah-winfrey-interview-80ed313d19ad0fea0d947d6ad974b797

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭

The only thing Royal here flushes.

• Options
    50-70RB50-70RB Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

After the disgusting Harry/Meghan interview I wonder when Oprah will interview some oil pipeline workers who've lost their jobs? You know, someone you could really give a crap about.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

if there going to play king and queen might as well go all in and have a battle for the throne sorta like game of thrones winner take all

• Options

I look at it all like a Medieval Monte Python movie. There is much humor to be found if you can understand "dry" English humor.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I am really worried about them. Like the Kardashian's. 😪

• Options

Queen Mum has connections.. they best behave