In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feinstein Promises Assault Weapons Ban Soon!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

It's coming Folks and your not going to like it!

serf

Washington—Senator Dial.. Feinstein (D-Calif) today released the following statement in support of the Back,ound Check Expansion Act, Senator Chris Murphy's (D-Conn) bill to require background checks on all gun sales and transfers:

"Universal background checks are a commonsense approach to address the gun violence epidemic plaguing our country. I'm proud to support the Background Check Expansion Act and look forward to passing it and other much-needed reforms.

“This bill would require background checks on all gun sales and transfers, including for private and unlicensed sales for which they are not currently required. This is one of the best ways to ensure guns won't fall into the hands of dangerous people.

“The majority of Americans want universal background checks. A 2019 Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 89 percent of Americans support background checks for all potential gun purchases.

“*I look forward to working with my Senate colleagues to pass this bill and other reforms, including the assault weapons ban that I plan to introduce in the coming weeks*. Commonsense bills to combat gun violence have been introduced in the House and with a new administration in the White House, it's time to take action to end gun violence."

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

God forbid they actually act to remove Firearms from Felons, etc.

You know, the "Dangerous People."

Oh Snap..............................................that'd be Raycist.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭

Were screwed bottom line

• Options
    edited March 2021

We seen how fast the bail out save our democrat states cities and special projects not to mention stuff there pockets oh and covid passed the anti gun will be about the same if we can save just one kid

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

If only it wasn't entirely up to interpretation.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

If 89% of people wanted to deport all people of Swedish ancestry, would it be Constitutional?

These people have to be made to understand that when the Constitution states 'the people', it means....well, it means the people. Us.

Ignoring anti-Constitutional garbage spewed by Congressmen who are breaking their oath will be necessary.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭✭

I am keeping mine!

• Options

as expected there off and running with a few republican's rowing the boat with them going to the senate next

sadly its going to take the gun owners to follow the same procedures "protest "of other groups to get the notice of millions of us should be getting. and from what I have seen over my life any thing gun related well lets go with stern letter writing and form letters are never gave any attention other than some poor kid having to read them and sending out there own form letter

dear ...... thank you for contacting the office of mr / ms politician this response is to say we care deeply about your views .

but honestly unless you have a huge check enclosed to fund our campaign buzz off

have a nice day

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

They did not ask me what I thought about it.

Polster's know who ask to get the best result for determining their cause.

Dumdazzs just don't seem to understand that any kind of law will not stop a criminal from getting their hands on a firearm.

Shuck, i sat on a trial by jury long ago. Old codger had assaulted his neighbor with industrial strength mop handle, kind with the wire head that holds the mop. Man was charged and found guilty with assault with a deadly weapon.

• Options

they know very well many times over the criminals do not care about laws especially gun laws the whole push is take away guns completely disarm the population for them no guns = no rebellion and way more sheeple complete control even if one tiny step at a time they will get there .

• Options

Ditch nails it. Gun Control is just that. Control.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

i am learning how to make gunpowder from urine

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I think I will keep mine too.

I would rather see finstine banned.

RLTW

• Options

FYI,

I ask you why are there National guard troops permanently installed in Washington D.C. now? Domestic Terrorism? Or abridgement of The 2nd Amendment that is coming for Assault weapons. The Supreme court is not going to back up any support for semi auto's anymore.

serf

http://themillenniumreport.com/2018/02/so-what-exactly-does-history-show-about-gun-confiscation/

To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.” ― Adolf Hitler“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.”– Mao Tse Tung

“If I could have banned them all – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns’ – I would have!” – Diane Feinstein

“We’re bending the law as far as we can to ban an entirely new class of guns.” – Rahm Emmanuel, senior advisor to Bill Clinton

1. In 1911 in Turkey guns were restricted and a result one and a half million Armenians were unable to defend themselves and were ethnically cleaned by the government.

2. In 1929 the former Soviet Union established gun control and as a result Stalin’s government killed 40 million Soviets.

3. Hitler in Nazi Germany established his version of Gun control in 1938 where millions of Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill, disabled, and eventually some of the “brown shirts” who worked for the government were killed.

4. In 1935 Communist China established gun control and 50 million political dissidents were arrested and killed.

5. In 1964 to 1981 Guatemala established gun control and 100,000 were killed.

6. In 1970 Uganda established gun control and from 1970-1979 300,000 Christians were killed by the dictatorial government.

7. In 1975-1977 Cambodia gun restriction laws prevented people from defending themselves against the tyrannical government who arrested and killed one million people.

8. In 1994 Rwanda disarmed the Tutsi people and being unable to defend themselves one million were executed.

Therefore 70 million people died due to gun control!

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

Fienstein Carry's a gun

• Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Her Chinese spy chauffeur for 20 years probably did too!

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

China owns us... not very hard to see now...

• Options
    fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭

lf all gun owners stuck together at the ballot box l doubt there would be enough Democrats left in DC to fill a taxi ride to Dulles Airport

• Options
    capgun1capgun1 Member Posts: 63

Feinstein's 2021 Assault Weapon law allows current owners of Assault Weapons and +10 round magazines to keep their firearms and magazines owned before the law passes.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,026 ******
  • Options
    edited March 2021

This is done because they know that most of the NRA legislated-access crowd will submit to almost anything if they can keep what they have.

It has been proven time and time again.

Absent a personal impact, damn few people really care about civil rights.

Brad Steele
  • Options

Like in Connecticut? It's piece meal yet it strips 2nd amendment rights! A death of a thousands cuts is the game the state legislatures are playing until Baby-boomers dies off. No relatives who are designated then it's confiscated ??

serf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Connecticut

Partial ban. Selective fire weapons, some .50 BMG variants, and semiautomatic center-fire firearms with one defined feature; banned weapons lawfully possessed prior to this date must be registered with DESPP. Registered weapons may only be sold or transferred to a licensed gun dealer, to the State Police or local police department, transferred to a recipient outside of Connecticut, or bequeathed to a designated heir when the original owner/registrant becomes deceased. Assault weapons manufactured and lawfully obtained prior to September 13, 1994 no longer require registration with DESPP and may be sold or transferred to non-prohibited persons.[1] Exceptions exist for active and retired law enforcement and military members.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Don nails it. 1st thing I thought when I read the sentence about current owners can keep them, but going forward, After Registration.............

They are counting on people taking the mindset of - Well I can keep mine now, so I'll just keep my mouth shut. (And they know that.) Death of 1000 cuts.

1st comes Registration, next comes Confiscation.

• Options

reminds me of many years ago GM's union contract was just about up they told the current workers they could keep all they had , but to keep it hey had to agree new hires would never reach the same money or benefits and take a lot longer to reach top pay ( which was going to be less )

surprise ,,,the current workers ( at the time ) tossed the new "not hired people " under the bus in a heart beat to keep there pensions and benefits

same thing there hoping for and I have noticed in the past most gun owners go with same line of thought never stick together . as in I do not like that gun or part any way nothing to me or my style of firearms I have no dog in the fight . so what ban them

• Options
    edited March 2021

Geppetto apparently agrees with Feinstein.

At lest that is what his puppet is saying.

Don

Brad Steele