In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Astra 960

BigbabbobBigbabbob Member Posts: 5

Is it normal for me to wiggle the cylinder a few times, and rotate it to the next chamber. It doesn’t do it with all the chambers. Any info will be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

Something is amiss with your revolvers bolt, or the bolt locking notch in the cylinder. The bolt is the part that is suppose to lock the cylinder in position. Unless the hammer is cocked or the trigger is pulled. Take it to a gunsmith for inspection and repair, if possible. Unfortunately Astra has been been out of business for years. Replacement or repair parts, might be hard to come by?

• Options

Thank you for getting back to me.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

I'd try the least expensive path first: Soak the entire gun in parts cleaner, or spray heavily with a canned parts cleaner. Your problem may be that oil inside the frame has broken down into sludge.

Gunpartscorp has some Astra parts, so your gunsmith may be willing to attempt to repair your gun.

Neal

• Options

Will do. You are a scholar and gentleman. Have a nice weekend.