In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Long Week

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in General Discussion

All that counts is Mom is in a one bedroom assisted living facility. My worries of her alone in the home are over.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,703 ******

Good news. This is where you let out a deep breath.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭

Good to hear you found a satisfactory answer to a tough question....

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,064 ******

Good news. Best wishes continue.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭

glad to hear

rest well now

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭

Great news. You done well.

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

You have been in my prayers. Rest now.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I have to thank my Wife for working with my Mom ... it was an episode of Hoarders... deciding on what to take to the assisted living facility. We also found over 3500 dollars scattered all over the home some in banks that are now closed.

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Good job. We just got ours in a home and the wounds are fresh. I know exactly "where you are" right now. And look, we're both up posting at O Dark Thirty. For good reasons, these are hard things to go through.

You did the right thing, she's safe. That's what matters. Now you can start to exhale and depressurize a little. Give her time to settle in over there. Consider taking away her cell phone for a month until she really plugs in to her new environment. Our case, we're dealing with dementia so taking away the cell phone is mandatory. But it helps them complete the transition.

It's a new era in your life and hers. It's not a bad thing, it's just "new". So give her time to adapt, and then jump in and love on her some more and make her feel welcome and at home there. You done good.