In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BSR I though of him today

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in General Discussion

I was just watching youtube and then just let it scroll or go on to the next same topic what ever they call that mode while I was doing some other things

any way it was dumb mistakes or some such title there were more swift trucks in the videos then I would have ever guessed . so many wedged in bridges , off in the fields , on there side , on the tops , ripped open trailers , tires and rims torn away wedged sideways piled up on the roads trying to back into a dock and hitting every truck in the area sometimes twice while backing in

yes its too fumy but also scary to see so many swift trucks ( I know there a large company with countless trucks ) but I have decided to stay way clear of any truck with SWIFT on it

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

Tried emailing him a few times lately, but no answer. Anyone know?

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭

I think of Lonnie every time I see a Swift Truck. And I get as far from it as I can.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,260 ✭✭✭✭

Swift is one of the biggest companies out there with 12,000 drivers. For comparison the little company I worked for, G&P Trucking, has 700 drivers.

Swift hires on lots of rookies straight out of school and bends over backwards to screw their drivers out of pay. That is why they have so many wrecks, Swift has the lower tier of drivers on the road.

WalMart is one of the top trucking jobs in America with great pay and benefits. Turnover at WalMart, now this is for their over the road drivers, is 3 percent. Three percent leave each year and most of those are guys who retire.

At G&P, turnover is 64 percent. That is incredible! If you were in a room with 100 G&P drivers on New Year's Day, if you went to assemble that same group of G&P employees next Christmas there would only be 36 left.

And annual turnover at Swift is a staggering 104 percent. Every year, Swift hires about 12,400 drivers.

It serves them right, they go cheating their drivers out of pay, the ones with any brains hit the road.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I pass Swift drivers at high speed, I don't want to be anywhere near them. I fact I pass trucks as quick as I can, I see drivers driving right next to a truck and just shake my head.

One thing I do is never cut in front of a semi and I try to let them in and give them room.

RLTW

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,703 ******

My dad taught me about those things when I started driving.

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭

He doesn't answer my calls or emails, last contact was with Bryann, because of it. Said the doc cut him loose to go back to work, and that's all I have heard for months now.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭

well I miss his post , and wish him the best

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

He probably got tired of taking Cheap Shots.

I liked Lonnie, and miss him here.