In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vska trp ak-47 bayonet install

patedepatede Member Posts: 1

I purchased a vska trp and it doesn't have a bayonet lug. Is there a way to put one on this model and what is recommended? I can't find any information about my gun regarding this.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

Do a search for "clamp-on" bayonet lugs. As long as your rifle has a standard diameter barrel. and enough clearance underneath the front sight. You shouldn't have any problems mounting a bayonet.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited March 2021

If memory serves, that particular variation is something of a hybrid AKM and AK-74SU "Krinkov" with he integrated gas port and front sight. The issue is that the SU using that same gas port /front sight had 8 inch barrels and were never intended to mount a bayonet, which would normally attach to a lug on a conventional AK gas block located midway along the barrel. Your rifle, I believe, is fitted with an A2-type FH, which would not be compatible with any AK bayonet. On the flip side, no American pattern bayonet would match up with the mounting lug on an AK.