In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AFC IRQ Upper Magazine

pkite89pkite89 Member Posts: 2

I purchased an AFC IRQ .410 upper and the clip that came with it does not handle the shells that I have. I am wondering if you can direct to a clip that will handle the shells that are a touch longer than 2 1/2" so I can use this new build that was completed.

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

imported 410 has tendency to be a bit longer us american made

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Make sure the gun is designed to fire shells longer than 2 1/2".

Could spoil your day to cram a 3" shell in a 2 1/2" chamber.

• Options
    pkite89pkite89 Member Posts: 2

Let me re-phrase my question, the clip or magazine which ever you want to call is a "smidge" short to allow the 2-1/2" round in, like 1/32" or 1/16" difference is there a certain manufacturer for this clip or magazine that will handle the shells that are a "smidge" longer than 2-1/2"?

Your help would be grateful in this, so I am not buying multiples to see if one will handle the "smidge" longer shells!

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

There is a substantial difference in manufacturing tolerances for shotgun shells. You will have to either try different shells, to find the ones of the correct length. Or perhaps the mag was meant to be used with rifled slug loads, which utilize a roll crimp?That has a shell with a shorter overall length.

Not likely IMHO, you will be able to obtain a mag that is longer internally. If all else fails you might consider reloading .410 shells with a roll crimp. To get shells of correct length to fit the magazine.

• Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

there is plenty of info on this problem online-- just google it, this is a common problem with this uppers supplied magazines, as others have said 410 shells are sold as 2.5" but the actual length can vary widely between makers and type of load. you are just gonna have to search out different 410 shells at local stores and measure them to fit the dimensions of your magazine, they are out there , you will need to put the timed effort in to find them.