In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can I ship ammo to NY FFL as an individual?

ildar.tourildar.tour Member Posts: 3

I do not ship to NY but the guys keep buying without looking at the item description. Guys from NY says that I can ship to FFL in NY but I went through SAFE ACT and it looks like I would need to have a license of some kind and the signed agreement with FFL I am going to send ammo. So the question is do I need license/agreement and is it safe to ship to NY FFL. Do not want to see Kuomo on my front yard because of that.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,663 ******

If he shows up, hide your wife and daughters.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited April 2021

We had another post on this issue last month. I spent about 30 minutes reading the SAFE Act and, like yourself, found it confusing. As I understand it, the portion of the SAFE Act which required ammo be shipped to a NY FFL was repealed, although not for NYC or other cities which have their own local laws. Regardless, since you're shipping to an FFL dealer there should be no issue.

• Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭

I would not ship any ammo to NY State, you never know what laws you might be breaking. Just my three cents :)

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds about right to me. Even King Cuomo and his cronies don't understand it. As i understand it, supposed to be administered by Supt. of NYSP. Bottom line they don't have the money to set up the data base.------------Ray, Monroe,NY

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

Just ship it to me....after it's paid for. I will send it to NY for you, I promise😁🤞

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭

Would you ever think the gun forum would be asking if it is legal to ship AMMO to a state and must have an FFL? Insane and we better wake up, we have one more chance or ......

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

In today's society you are probably breaking laws getting out of bed in the morning. They let millions of illegals cross the border, Hillary Clinton have a private server at her house with classified info on it with no problems.

With the convoluted laws of the Blue coast's may I ask why do you think about it? If the laws are so unclear as to make a REASONABLE person confused, why bother?

Your listing stated the obvious; so why go to the stress of dealing with the headache issues of State laws nobody in their right mind can decipher.

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭

You don’t live in NY and you took the time to read the safe act?

I know ammo sales are bonkers but you should value your time as well.