In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Status of my Personal Protest

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Politics

I have stopped carrying a face diaper with me.

Live in North Idaho (where it presents few problems) and work in Eastern Washington.

Over three weeks into it now, and believe things are moving in the right direction.

I frequent 2 grocery stores in Washington State, and no one in either of them has approached me. When I started, I was the only person in the entire store without a mask. Fast-forward 20+ days and yesterday there were at least 10 of us in the larger of the two stores.

I was asked to leave a Liquor and Cigar store yesterday. No one commented until after my purchase was rung up and I gave the checker a $ 100 bill. Lady in early 30s(?) approached and asked me to put on a mask. I politely told her I do not wear them. She said they were mandatory. I asked for my money back and, still politely, told her they had lost a customer for life.

Same thing happened at a Costco.

I am done with this garbage. It is going to cost me a bit of money over my last 15 years or so on this planet, but when companies take it upon themselves to enforce stupid mandates, they will lose a customer.

That said, there are plenty of companies that understand the idiocy. These will be rewarded.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******

Same here Don. I'm done with them too.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

I'm taking it a bit further Don, I'm leaving Washington for good. The state gives me every reason in the world to leave and not a single one that would convince me to stay.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed, wifetrained.

I sold my house in Washington the day after Inslee put out his first mandate in March a year ago. We moved on 1 May and while it will cost a bit due to Idaho's income tax, it is well worth it.

Work is a little more complicated, in that I sold my share of the company on 1 January of last year and have signed a 5-year transition contract. I am kind of stuck going into the nanny state of WA for a few more years.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

You can run but you can't hide! They are claiming a new toxic variant that defeats all vaccines that have been made! It's going to be with us for a long time,you think? Hospital here in my home town just told all employees to take the shot or your fired!

serf

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/diagnostics/britains-coronavirus-variant-a-concern-likely-to-sweep-the-world-says-scientist/80845728

LONDON- The coronavirus variant first found in the British region of Kent is a concern because it could undermine the protection given by vaccines against developing Covid-19, the head of the UK's genetic surveillance programme said.

She also said the variant was dominant in the country and was likely "to sweep the world, in all probability".

The coronavirus has killed 2.35 million people and turned normal life upside down for billions, but a few new worrying variants out of thousands have raised fears that vaccines will need to be tweaked and people may require booster shots.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited April 2021
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited April 2021

The store showed poor form by letting you ring up your purchase and pay before warning you about the mask. If the sign says shirts and shoes required and you walked in bare foot and bare chested- showing off the magnificent physique that we all envy 😉 you shouldn't have been be able to walk into the store. But who would actually stop you from doing so?

What makes rules and company policies ridiculous is that there is never anyone in the store or shop who can or will enforce them. After all, who is going to risk getting punched in the nose for getting in someone face about wearing shoes? or a shirt? or a mask? Not many, and certainly not many working for minimum wage.

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭

I'm an anti-masker, for myself. If you choose to wear one, more power to you. Just social distance the hell away from me and we're fine.

I'm in Ohio and I've only worn one a few times in the year. Here, they're probably 60/40, despite our little dictator's desires. The one I have worn is straight out of my pocket and is physically dirty and stained and probably slightly less contaminated as everyone else's. Have you seen people? They probably don't wash their hands after they poop, let alone for flu season. And their mask is on their chin!

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

around here I see less and less people wearing one or once in a store they just pull it down out of the way

I did see a casher get on a customer at menards "you got a mask then put it on" as he was approaching her check out lane

one local butcher shop has a sign in the door governor says wear your mask if you come in .. no one not even the employees wear one LOL

JMHO no way a dust mask or kerchief can stop a microscopic germ its just a way to practice controlling people

• Options
    mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

I told my wife when all of this started, if Trump doesn't stay in the White House these 'power mandates ' will never go away. They love any control they can get. There will always be another chance for another virus resurgence or a newer scarier variety. It's so sad that the sheeple refuse to see it. And now immunizing children?? Its insane!!

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Very well stated bpost.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,357 ******
    edited April 2021

Only wore the mask one time at the very beginning after I was already in the doc office and had paid my cash, was refused RX renewal until i put it on... haven't ever wore one since and haven't even been asked about one in over a month, I go to kroger, walmart, farm stores and the local watering hole/pizza joint every week, dumbest thing I see is someone walking into the restaurant with mask on then taking it off when they sit down.... oh and we mostly still shake hands and even hug some of the folks I see at the watering hole, a couple of them do the fist bump...

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,357 ******
  • Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

"Some 136 people were hospitalized for the flu between Oct. 1, 2020, and Jan. 16, 2021, and there were 292 deaths involving influenza during that period, the CDC reported. One child has died."

That is simply because of people actually doing what they should have been doing ALL along. Wash hands, avoid sick people. That AND I am SURE that a LOT of the Flu illnesses were BLAMED on the other virus. That virus produces WAY more money for the medical professionals than diagnosing someone with the flu. As always.......follow the money!

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭

Comparing a mask to a fashionable lace veil is probably very accurate.

Lace veils: Yes, you can actually see through them but they are effective against airborne bacteria and other harmful pathogens.

That is exactly why I prefer to wear a mustache and not trim my nose hair too short.

• Options

I don't think anyone said that masks have NO effect. BUT I will say for certain that a single layer cloth mask with visible holes will have ZERO effect on the spread of this current virus! Masks, REAL masks, do work BUT only when worn properly and disposed of AFTER contamination. N95s or higher when properly fitted block 95% of this virus. A single layer cloth mask with holes and loose fitting(including * hair) will stop 0 % of this virus. Look how many people are wearing these single layer masks, loose fitting, nose out, full beard! Those stop NOTHING!

The masks you reference were all multilayer, pleated, and worn tight fitting. Look at the cdc website, they tell you to use multiple layers, pleated, and sealed TIGHTLY around the face.

Simply throwing WHATEVER you can find loosely over your face does nothing and probably makes the spread worse!

• Options

LOL not sure what got censored but it makes it look bad. It was supposed to say face hair.😁

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options

I HAVE made up my mind. Maybe you didn't understand my position with the edited copy and paste you did.

" BUT I will say for certain that a single layer cloth mask with visible holes will have ZERO effect on the spread of this current virus! Masks, REAL masks, do work BUT only when worn properly and disposed of AFTER contamination. N95s or higher when properly fitted block 95% of this virus. A single layer cloth mask with holes and loose fitting(including * hair) will stop 0 % of this virus."

Please read all of my post and not simply edit it to fit your narrative. REAL masks do work, how many N95 masks do you think the average person has, or N100s? Of the people that have ONE, how many actually have them fitted correctly, how many of those dispose of them once the are contaminated?

I also support your RIGHT to wear a mask if you feel it protects you, but I refuse to wear one because is simply makes someone "feel" better(false security). I am forced to wear a cloth mask at work, so I do. I also have multiple years of respirator training and these loose fitting, single layer, cloth masks go against EVERY expert out there when it comes to respirator training.

There is PROOF that prayers work, I have seen those work MANY times in my life. FAITH is what you must have for prayers, but remember.......not all prayers are answered the way YOU/I think they should be.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭

if you want to wear a mask to filter the air you breath in or exhale have at it

per the reasoning if your wearing a mask that should protect you from "germs " I am possibly spreading by not wearing one

now how about the money, door handles , products in the stores , gas pump handles , countless other items we all touch then touch our face or our kids faces .

I think the virus is real but enough is enough

but I think of the stories of people like Howard H, locked him self in his apartment no visitors urinated in bottles refused to have contact with any out sider had a big time air filter system in his car and he still died

living in fear of germs we all got to go some time no reason to rush it I agree but its going to get us no one gets out alive

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I have a nice one used when mowing.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Masks are a complete finger drill used to control people.

RLTW