In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

User Selling item that don’t have in their hands

Pvt.OneEyePvt.OneEye Member Posts: 1

I Won an auction for a gun, processed everything through GB checkout, then wait for 3 days on the seller and then I get an email/message today starting “ I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that I am still waiting on the delivery of this gun so I can get it out to you. I apologize for the delay. I got notification from Palmetto State that the order shipped, but it seems to be delayed, As soon as I get it in I will get it out to you. Again, I apologize for the delay.”

The item listing never said anything about being on order, nor did it say not in stock, nor did it say back ordered! What can I do other than wait and give feedback that will do no good to this seller. They have over 4200 reviews and are currently an A+ Rating. What’s the next step?

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Patience in these times of impatience is a good thing to practice.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

The next step is to wait.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

Which comes first honesty or patience? I am patient when a Seller is honest about what I am buying.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but.........I think that Mr Eye has a valid complaint. If "drop ship" is just as good as "in stock", there's not much need for retail gun shops any more. And, Mr Broker already has a rule requiring retailers to pull any item from stock immediately after a bid is received on Gunbroker to prevent someone from winning an auction for an item that is no longer available.

It seems to me that there should be a rule for sellers: "you must have the item you are selling in your possession unless your auction clearly states that the item will be drop shipped from a distributor or some other location".

If Mr Eye feels strongly about this, I encourage him to file a "contact" request, subject "rules & policies".

Neal

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,067 ******

Report it to auction support.

This discussion has been closed.