In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Diamondback grips

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭

I ordered a pair of Hogue grips for my Diamondback but they did not fit. Are

there different variations in Colt's frames for the Diamondback series of revolvers? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited April 2021

you need to remove the 'shoe' for the rubber grips first...............sorry, thought you were going the 'other' way

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Remove the shoe? I am replacing the wood factory grips with the Hogue rubber grips so I installed the metal saddle clip, but the rubber grips will not slide onto the frame.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

They can be a pain. Try and get the pins sticking out from the sides of the grip frame lined up with the grooves cut inside the grips. Then just rock them around and push.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭

As above, get rough with them and they will go/

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭

Maybe the gun is trying to tell you something? ;)

Colt D series have different grip frames, yours would be the (1966?) short grip frame. I'd suggest removing the Hogue stirrup and slide on the grip just to ensure you have the right match. Then reinstall and wiggle away with the grip. Might try a drop or two of oil on the stirrup sides and nut, maybe the grip studs too.

They are generally a PITA to slide on the 1st time.