In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I Never Knew...USMC Body Bearers

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******

Comments

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭

WOW...never had a clue...Thanks for the post!!!

Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭

...I didnt realize all that went into that, good men...

...Semper Fi...

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭

All the services have such. They go by different names in different services. USAF call theirs "Honor Guard"

• Options
    Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I had the privilege of serving in USAF Honor Guard for two years, put to rest over 100 vets of all services. Often the HG were the only ones attending the burial, sad but a privilege to serve.

Smoky

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

During my college period, the ROTC cadets did Honor Guard service for the area. I was involved with numerous funeral details. At the service of a older family friend (Naval Aviator), I was asked to receive the flag for his family. The Naval detail that showed up was definitely spit and polish. They were quite surprised to find that "the old Geezer" knew the process of transferring the flag properly.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen that, and it is a coveted spot to have...........to pay honor to our lost soldiers.