In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

One Bank Warns Soaring Food Prices Will Lead To Social Unrest?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Gosh how can millions perish because of Red China unleashing the deadly virus and then food inflation comes in to keep up the pressure for The NWO to take the lead to save the planet and whoever is left over.

Fiat money is the main cause,no body is going to trust it very soon! But farmland and an army to guard it is not going to work either. They know only collectively can you survive globally.

serf

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/one-bank-warns-soaring-food-prices-will-lead-social-unrest

The DB strategist then goes all-in and says what everyone is thinking, namely that "this trend of higher food prices leading to social unrest extends far back into history and surrounds many key turning points. The French Revolution of 1789, which overthrew the Ancien Régime, came after a succession of poor harvests that led to major rises in food prices. It was a similar story at the time of Europe’s 1848 revolutions too, which followed the failure of potato crops in the 1840s and the associated severe famine in much of Europe. And the 1917 overthrow of the Tsarist regime in Russia took place in the context of food shortages as well."

serf

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I just love articles that place emphasis on unproven theories and treat them as gospel. Zerohedge is the CNN of financial reporting. When they attributed the Arab Spring to food prices and ignored the myriad of other more creditable reasons they lost any tiny miniscule amount of credibility they may have had. But I guess it keeps up their readership with the lazy and uninformed, kind of like CNN does with their viewers. Bob

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Be patient.. 9 months things will get real

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,273 ******

They keep trying to make Soilent Green into a reality show!

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

china bought the heck out of grain stocks

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

Biden and the DEMOCRATs with their war on fossil fuel combined with massive tax increases and open border policies poise a far greater danger at least here in the USA.

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

i get PIZZED every time i see a news article with hundreds of cars lined up for food give a ways.... i mean LINES of $30K cars for FREE FOOD....BS......

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭

I am in the frozen food business...never seen anything like it in 50 yrs...a bust is coming....

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

That chart graphics on agriculture products is not fiction and if you think wood is high just wait when food gets expensive.

Corn, wheat, soybeans, vegetable oils: A small handful of commodities form the backbone of much of the world’s diet and they’re dramatically more expensive, flashing alarm signals for global shopping budgets. This week, the Bloomberg Agriculture Spot Index — which tracks key farm products — surged the most in almost nine years, driven by a rally in crop futures. With global food prices already

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/the-grocery-food-price-bill-is-going-to-get-more-expensive

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

That is good news for our farmers providing the weather for our growing season cooperates. Even in a bad growing year the U.S. produces more crops than our country needs and our exports feed the world. It looks like so far Brazil has partially dodged the bullet but weather the next month or so will be the key for their production. Energy costs for food will continue to rise as the pandemic eases and demand increases and politics takes its toll on the energy sector. If you were to research back a little farther than Bloombergs chart you will find a lot of ups and downs in the agricultural futures market and I am sure we will see that in the future. The futures market partially bases its predictions on the weather months in advance and if your local weatherman can only get tomorrows weather right about half the time then you should realize it is a crapshoot. If you want to make a LOT of money then invest in agricultural futures. If you want to LOSE a lot of money, invest in those same futures. Way to big a gamble for me. Bob

It's about the M1,2.3 Increases in money supply Bob<weather is a factor however.

https://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/fedpoint/fed49.html

https://www.omfif.org/2020/06/us-unprepared-for-money-supply-boom/

Monetary aggregates fell out of fashion during the 1990s due to a loss of usefulness, and perhaps associations with the free market politics of monetarism. But they have proved a reliable indicator of demand and inflation over the 2010s, more so than the labour market. If this continues, the US will find itself with high inflation, but with neither the theory nor data to manage it.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

Experienced "old timers" are predicting a dry summer which may decrease yields across the Corn Belt. This is a follow on of the loss of significant ag production in central/eastern Iowa last year and severe flooding on the Missouri River the year before. Corn is pushing 3X of recent prices and soybeans are riding along at 2X 2019/2020 prices.

If I had the land, we'd double our soybean acres this year but that's not happening. Federal programs aimed at "conservation issues" are making headway and will probably reduce total acres in production soon. The current administration is taking us (US) for a trip down "The Green Mile" (if you know that movie title, you get the meaning).

It's just not food prices either and I think the bond market is heading for a disaster also.

serf

https://www.livemint.com/market/commodities/why-prices-of-commodities-from-metals-to-food-are-soaring-11619857342043.html

The prices of raw materials used to make almost everything are skyrocketing, and the upward trajectory looks set to continue as the world economy roars back to life.

From steel and copper to corn and lumber, commodities started 2021 with a bang, surging to levels not seen for years. The rally threatens to raise the cost of goods from the lunchtime sandwich to gleaming skyscrapers. It’s also lit the fuse on the massive reflation trade that’s gripped markets this year and pushed up inflation expectations. With the US economy pumped up on fiscal stimulus, and Europe’s economy starting to reopen as its vaccination rollout gets into gear, there’s little reason to expect a change in direction.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-outlook-spike-bond-yields-points-to-looming-crash-2021-3-1030135590

When all those folks who buy their next meal immediately before preparation can't, THEN things are going to get sticky.

I remember people(?) fighting over TP and bottled water during a very short term shortage. Stretch a food shortage into a full year before production catches up and stores will have armed guards enforcing quotas. This hasn't happened since WW2 when families were issued ration stamps/booklets.

When hyper inflation explodes on The U.s.dollar then The oil and gas with Food starts to climb for everyone then it will not be pretty for The working class here. The dollar is losing it reserve currency or The Chinese Yuan will take over as a better currency for business with all the inflation here, bet on it.

Corporations in manufacturing are currently stockpiling commodities for their supplies right now! Thank The Wuhan virus and along with The Marxist U.S. Congress who allowed the deficit to climb up to 30 -40 trillon dollars! The NWO is sure to come sooner than later.

serf

Grain and livestock prices are as high as I remember seeing in many years(still not high enough relative to other costs). Foreigners are buying current and future production at these prices. This will hit the grocery prices hard in the near future.

How long will it be before the entitlement demographic becomes an out of control mob scene in every city when their handouts come up short? The Biden administration will turn this into a total outright Depression and we all suffer.