In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Leaving Afghanistan

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I just an article about the last Afghan Jew still in Afghanistan is leaving the country and going to Israel.

I have been all over that country and I saw some synagogues in Herat but I didn't think there were any Jews left.

I know many think we should leave and should have left years ago. I am not one and I was there. In total I spent about 19 months there fighting AQ and the Taliban. If there is a reason to stay there it is. My biggest disappointment is with the Government of the country and their inability to run the place.

Oh well.......

Good luck Zebulon Simentov.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210429-afghanistan-s-last-jew-eyes-exit-ahead-of-taliban-return

RLTW

Comments

• RidefarRidefar Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Great story, that man has some stones to stay.

I always thought that what the U.S. has built up there in terms of massive investment in bases, that they would remain occupied in order to keep our presense in the region.

Of course that makes you a target for the bad guys and that is a high cost.

Just how much of our equipment will remain and who will end up with that stuff once we leave ?

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭✭

They don't want nor do they appreciate democracy..........

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

I think we have been there too long. Time to get out.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Bring em all home and use them to close our borders to illegal infiltration, AND any one the threatens our country from the outside. Not much can be done with what has already happened because the camels nose is already in the tent.

• gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

So much for "nation building". We should have left long ago, as soon as the Taliban were thrown out in the beginning. Same with Iraq. As soon as Sadam's sons were killed. Most of the deck of cards were dead or in custody & there was zero chance of him making a comeback. Mission accomplished. None of this *&^% nation building. They've been there for thousands of years longer than we have & it is NONE of our business how they treat THEIR women. MYOB!

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

IMO we should have learned a bit more from the Russian involvement there. NOPE! We spent more American lives, time, and money and just like Nam, we are leaving with our tails tucked like the losers our politicians have made out of our military.