In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fired the Realtor

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't get the job done so good- bye... Text them this morning and let them know I sold a different home last night that wasn't on the market but close. Old tenant calls up wanting to know if I have anything. Showed it to them and bingo.... Attorney doing a purchase agreement. Been in SC for 30 yrs this July... and I have never used a Realtor to sell a property. Used some to purchase..no commission but not paying someone to do a job I know more about ( property )

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭

Sold a building in Cook County, Il. The realtor's comm. was a fraction of all the "FEES" I had to pay to all the gov't. agencies. I ended up with with less than aprox. 75% of the selling price.

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

With the housing market so strong, a realtor is just an unneeded step.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

Realtors, politicians, and lawyers. "Never have so many, done so little, for so much."

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭

I have sold only one house, and I have bought two pieces of land, on which to build houses.

I have dealt with about 20 realtors and most of them are lying BS artists. They would lie to their own mother if it would help them make a sale.

I did deal with a few realtors who were real good people and a pleasure to deal with.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭

I've only bought 1 house via a realtor & sold all without one. That 1 realtor was an honest person, a rarity. A neighbor lined up my last sale for more then I would have settled for. It was a good deal & I contributed to his daughter's college fund.