In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Want to get mad??? Watch this.

Comments

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

One basic principle I basically pounded into my children's heads was there is not such thing as a free lunch.

• OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Politicians and the news people can brainwash people into believing that the Gov can get them a free ride. Shame that they really believe in this BS.

FREE (someone has to pay)

Shame that they do believe in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy as being real Democrats.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

The student loan program should be cancelled.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

End Federal Student Loans

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭

Have a couple of grandkids that have just finished college. My deal with them- take a class, pass with at least a B, I'll pay your tuition for that class. What infuriates me is the price of TEXTBOOKS. $200 for an American Lit textbook? Usually written by the teacher- and is going to change every year (so no shopping for a used copy)

• redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭

boy isn't that the truth

I told both my kids that i would pay for 2 years at Wi Tech, we live close enough that they could drive and live at home , my son did the first year and then said sorry but this isn't working , he was in the Wi National Guards and working part time so he did have alot going on, after that he moved out and went about doing his own thing , some times not what i thought was the smartest but he turns 30 this fall , has worked the whole time, did 6 years with the Guards while doing so ,put themself though a different school (truck driver ) got married , purchased a home in the country on 5 acres , has 4 kids , putting is wife though nursing school and on track to break $100,000 this year , not too bad for a kid that his teachers told us would never amount to any thing

My Daughter did the 2 years going for a degree that would get her a Paralegal position, she finished high school at the end of the 1st half of her senior year kept working until she could start at TC and then did the whole 2 years driving back and forth while working at a local business every friday, sat. and sunday, got hired a week before her graduation at the largest law firm in town , has worked there 5 years now and purchased her own home in town 4 years ago, without any help from us ,

• pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

Both of our kids got their BA's over 5 years. I maintained their cars and they lived at home. They wrote their tuition checks out of their own accounts. Both in very "in demand" degrees, not some "social" tripe. Didn't owe a thing when they graduated.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

Agree, but you have DEMOCRATs like Bidet and Obama, plus the entire education sector telling you you're wrong.