In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Collectible 12 ga. ammo?

62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Part of the gun collection I am helping dispose of is some ammunition. There are two(2) twenty-five (25) round boxes of Wanda 12 ga target. IIRC, the Wanda was an effort to build an all plastic shotshell that could be reloaded. am I correct? If so, does this have collector value? Really wondering if it's worth the trouble to have it sent here, photo it, and put together the auction listing.

As always, thanks for the guidance, B

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Check out an auction site called Ward's collectables.

They auction lots of ammo boxes, all flavors. Might even get lucky and find some that were recently sold.

My 2 cents, those boxes won't have too much value to a collector. Now a fellow with a lady friend named Wanda might like to have them.

OK to mention above site?

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

I have been around target shooting for most of my life. The Wanda shell's are neat, and make a nice item for a shot shell collection, since the are colored, but still clear. The Active shells came later, and never caught on either. I think that they would have some value, to the right collector if they are NIB, and in mint condition, but depending on the shipping cost, it might be a wash to the buyer. I have a few of the red 12 gauge ones, and they are nice to look at. IMO, keep them for yourself, they make a nice display item.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭

As above but I am a novice but I truly believe not worth the time/money.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

There were actually several different brands of the all-plastic shotshells. As collector's items, they retail for $10-$25 per shell.

• Options
    love2shootlove2shoot Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

If you had them in hand, which I take you don't, they could be taken to any trap range and easily parted out for a dollar each. They are nice to look at.