In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

virginia-drop-advanced-math-courses-before-11th-grade-equity

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Politics

Virginia to drop advanced math courses before 11th grade, citing 'equity' | Washington Examiner

Other sources claimed students who needed advanced programs could still get them.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

The dumber the better.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭

Typical DEMOCRAT dogma.

Aside from that, people that vote for DEMOCRATs rarely use their brain anyway or they wouldn't vote for them.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

They can smoke pot instead. The country is going down fast now.

serf

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Equity is a quaint phrase from Marx. From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs. I truly pity kids in so-called school today. They come out dumber than a bag of busted hammer handles but understand all social ills are caused by white people.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Since you can't raise up a large segment of the population you must lower the rest to their level to be fair. Gee, I wasn't aware that life was fair. Bob

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

I guess grading on a curve now days means the curve is upside down.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭

many years' ago I remember working with some city employees dealing with the civil service test for police and fireman they told me the city just kept lowering the standards even though many whites were passing easy . but the minority's "who they wanted big time in the ranks " to get the free government funding and patted on the back and get the % up to get the minorities off there back , well most failed by miles until the test was so ridiculous any normal 10 year old could have passed

so they just kept lowering the standard's ignoring the people who had put effort into passing to get there quota that was 40 + years ago and has went down hill since .

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

This math thing didn't just start recently. Thirty years ago I sat in a banker's office (he had a college diploma hung above his office chair "throne" signifying that he was better educated than myself). Unfortunately while completing the financial report prior to rejecting me for a land purchase loan, I was making mathematical computations in my head faster than he could push the buttons on his calculator. He couldn't understand while I was so indignant at his refusal of my loan app when clearly, I was more capable of managing numbers than he.

My kids went through that phase of math which included some rhythmic tapping of fingers(a foreign concept which was quickly dropped). Now, kids don't even try, they just revert to the phone calculator since a phone is permanently attached to their hand.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Just another step in dumbing of America.

Tests are used to show the teachers ability to teach.

Lower the standards and teachers look better and kids feel better because the do less. My 2 cents.