In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.41 Special

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with this cartridge? I'm thinking I'd like to have a Blackhawk built on the smaller frame (like the newer .44 Special frame).

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Starline makes correct head stamped brass and you can use the same bullets you would use in the 41 Mag. You can get by with 41 Mag size and bell dies, but you will need to find a separate crimp or seat die die. These are available and so is reload data, Unique is my powder of choice for this round.

Been shooting 41 SPL for some time but mainly out of Ruger and SW 41 mags. It is super accurate and you dont have to deal with recoil.

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

I guess I'll just wait and see if some outfit like Lipsey's contracts with Ruger to build .41 specials on the smaller frame like they did with the .44 special. I would think that a .357 on that frame would be interesting, too. After all, that was the original frame size Ruger made for the .357. I have a 3-screw .357 in the smaller frame but it's a later one with the RED grip frame: The .44 special has the pre-RED grip frame size as does the "new" Vaquero, et al.