In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I may be beating a dead horse but...

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭

I want to list a few things on the auction side. I haven't sold anything there for 5+ years. I'm a private seller and not a dealer. I've looked on the auction side for guidance but haven't found the right place I guess. Briefly, I want to sell a firearm. I will list & price it and have my local dealer transfer it for me. I'm not a newbe on the action side and have sold maybe 10 items but quite a few years ago. They should know who I am and possibly have my bank account on file. What do I do about sales tax. My guess is that GB will handle it by taking the correct amount from my bank account and adding that to the sale price. This is just a guess though. Any help appreciated guys,

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, as I see it the sales tax if applicable will be added to the total price at the end of the auction. You will have auction fees on an account and sales tax fees on another. I don't like the setup because I like to pay my fees in advance after selling and you can't pay the sales tax fees until the date they are due. At least that is what I see. You MIGHT have to update your bank account and credit card. Good luck and plug it here.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited May 2021

Jeff, just hand the gun over to Locust Fork and let her sell it for you. That's what I've been doing. If you want to make a political statement about the sale, you can give the gun to Ricci, who refuses to sell to California. That included sales to me, a Class 3 dealer in that state, while he remains basic type 01 dealer.

I'm now a Class 3 dealer in Florida, but I haven't forgotten being treated badly.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

That Mark is a personal decision that you have chosen to take personally. So it is your personal problem and don't try to make it mine.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Easy now boy's.

Lead by example

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭

For common items with a relatively stable value local sites might be less effort and more profit, but you never know when two or more bidders might decide they just have to have your item.

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******

Gunbroker will draft on your bank account or credit card for the sales tax on a separate draft from your seller fees. You need to collect it from the buyer.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭✭

So if a person says no sales to California how is that treating anyone badly??