In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Riton Reddot Magnifier

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

I know this sounds stupid to most, but does anyone run a Riton magnifier AFTER the reddot?

A friend of mine has this setup and I know it's not supposed to work that way but I like it. Great eye relief. You're not attempting to use a reddot like a scope, like a Vortex.

Is Riton airsoft grade or something lesser? Asking myself why that setup or brand isn't more popular as it seems more natural.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

By "after" do you mean behind the red dot? I don't know how putting the magnifier in front of the dot optic works at all. With the number of these things on the market, obviously someone has already tried this.

The problem with 'add on' magnifiers (behind the optic) is they enlarge the dot along with the target image. If you're using a small(2-3MOA) dot, this is maybe OK but if your dot is already a 4-6 MOA, your aiming point is now the size of a platter. I've tried a couple of these magnifiers and found them more in the "blaster or bullet hosing" usefulness category vs for actually improving longer range aiming precision.

From what I've seen/heard/read, RITON is pretty good stuff and WAYYY above "airsoft grade". Veteran owned/operated, I'd rate them well into the "bet your life on it" category.