In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This is a nice old rifle Looks good for 112 years old. Don't know much about .32/40

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

except they want around $2.00 per round of unfired brass. This rifle comes with 100 rounds of new brass. Hope she goes to someone who will shoot her.

Savage 99 32-40 Winchester - Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 901637101

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭

Pretty rare chambering in the 99, 1903 to 1917, that one was made about 1908-09. Brass is easily made from 30/30 or .32 Winchester among others. About half of my brass is head stamped 30/30.

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

I have an old 32-40 handed down from my Grandpa through my Uncle

• Options

Dan, nice inheritance, do you shoot it?

My first .32/40 was an early Win 1894 that was in like new condition. I sold it to fund 3 other guns, one of them was a Win HiWall that Bert H hooked me up with. Found a pair of original Winchester molds, and cast more bullets for it than I'll ever use in this lifetime. Enjoy the cartridge in that rifle, even with smokeless loads, low recoil if any, and real accurate.

• Options

thanks

yes sir I have just shot it at paper and not a lot because ammo is hard to find

my oldest son will get it and it shall be handed down to his or his brothers oldest

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Nice rifle Ricci!

I was looking at your auctions and its amazing to me the Moist Nugget is doing better than the Mauser SMH. Oh well the 32 spc is doing real good as is the 19.

RLTW

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

.32-40 ammo is hard to find even in normal times. Winchester put out some .32-40 in nickle-plated brass with "John Wayne" on the box some years ago. I have several Winchester 94s in that caliber but I have been unable to get any of they to shoot accurately. I haven't researched it but I'm guessing the bore diameters don't agree too well with the bullet diameters.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Its getting some action now. I bet it will be over 2k in the end.

That 742 looks brand new and the scope mounts and rings are nice. That would be a great hunting rifle around here in NC or anywhere for that matter.

I was looking at some other 375 H&H Super Grades and they are selling for some serious coin. That M70 should do good.

RLTW

• Options
  • Options

Wow, with the rarity, I was guessing $1800 - $1900.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

It sold for $2775.00

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that went about $1,000 higher than I thought it would. I might have thought $2,700 + if it had been a takedown, but it did very well for you Ricci. I hope the buyer enjoys it!

Arrivederci gigi