In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Things have changed

GF132GF132 Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have greatly enjoyed reading the posts for quite a few years. Many interesting characters come and gone. My all time favorite being the long running "worl class 10/22" saga. Definitely much quieter and far less contentious topics. All new atmosphere compared to days of old. And I know I could have contributed more but no way I could have have held my own against the great icons of the past.

Comments

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Rather like a small hometown hangout in an ethernet world. Some move away, some get pushed out, young 'uns grow up and join the circle, a few old farts hang around forever telling stories of days gone by. I love it (from one of the old farts, 😆).

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

GF132, As I have said before sometimes I miss worl class 10/22 if only for his entertainment value. I think, if I remember correctly, his final downfall was when he added lead to a catch in a fish tournament.

... and I'm not old susie. 😉

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

In point of fact, he mounted an award winning set of antlers to the skull of a deer he shot. This is similar to another member who posted photos of a rifle that he claimed to be his own, but were in fact photos lifted from another auction site. The end results were identical: lifetime bans from the GB forums.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited May 2021

And with no possibility of return.

• Options

I stand corrected Mark.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin

I joined here in January 2003. It was a lot more rowdy then, but it was mostly good natured. As time went on things seemed to get more rude and combative. That caused a lot of the old guard to move on. Still lots of good people here though, with some recent joinees that are looking like good members.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭

made it 20+ years so far just read and scanned thru for several yeras before posting

I agree a lot of the old timers ( be them young or old ) added a lot to the forums by there knowledge there know how shared with us on so many topics and projects , even just daily life for some were interesting . i miss a lot of them

use to be a lot more give aways but just a guess so many laws to keep on every state hurt ammo and gun and also seemed to be a lack of interest in entering for a lot of items .

so many great people and sad I do not remember all there names so to avoid embarrassment I will not try and pick out the ones I do remember but i do remember a lot of the talent and post they gave and shared us , some have left this world and some I think ther health and so many forum changes they just gave up . also as posted some got there self banned

I also recall getting caught up in a story of a poster who was suppose to be dyeing a lot of us thinking his last days were on him, I was truly taken in and sad for him to find out he was dragging us down a rabbit hole of pity I heard he did pass away later on but not per the story /drama he gave us for weeks.

as a old boss, use to say it is what it is

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

17 years in, and only had my hand slapped a couple of times. I'm a good boy!! I do miss seeing some of the heated discussions, entertaining and just fun to see people get their hackles up on a keyboard.

• Options

I agree Ditch-Runner. I have passed 20+ years (against all odds) too and miss some of the members. I have offered a couple of small giveaways in the last couple of years but in the past I offered a pair of Bristol tickets for 3-4 years many years ago. I found that one winner gave the tickets away or sold them. I quit doing that. Anyone remember the Christmas gift program? I contributed to that 2-3 years but then it just disappeared. I don't remember who was in charge but things like that I really enjoyed.

Was the dyeing member the doctor? I check up on him and he really had a doctor office but think he was on a ego trip and enjoyed the attention - just like another doctor that's on TV almost every day.

I better shut up now before I get in trouble. 😉

• Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

The doctor talked a lot about drinking. And drinking and getting in a bar fight once. I don't know you guys but that ain't any kind of doctor I'd want working on me. I'm saying he had problems.

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭

I tried to use ALL the comment buttons on your post, but I can only use one at a time😁LOL

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Been hrre since 2003 .as seen from my post count i havent had as much to say as some . Seen them come and go . Never understood those who deliberately set out to hurt feelings or cause a ruckus . Do look forward to abalanced discussion at time when people keep it civilized

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭

Everything changes sooner or later. We either roll with it, or move on. It is what it is.

I do sincerely miss JamesRK, and Mateo. I wish them both well in whatever hand life has dealt them.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I've also been here for almost 20 years (2003). I agree that it was a bit more rowdy back then........and I enjoyed those days. Was much more active on the auction side back then......buying and selling. I left for awhile, but was able to recover my handle after the change over. For purchases and sales, I have found a a more local site that offers somewhat of a classified format. Find good deals every once in awhile and always do FTF. I have visited a few other discussion forums, but this is the one I always come back to.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭

as for the Christmas kids giveaways oakie and woodshead took the biggest share /work load by doing most all th ehard work a lot of people were involved as I donating items for the presents from knifes to 22 ammo . no one took over but I can not blame them it had to be a work load even Santa would have feared sorting young men young ladies what to gift by age and location and getting it sorted and connecting the donations to the different kids , I tip my had to all there efforts over the years . I think Oakie stops by rarely and woodshead I wish him well I have not seen a post for a long time from him

so many great craftsman that shared there crafts and talents and offered help to others even parts to help

we still have a lot of great form members who share there abilities and years of experience on many subjects and offer up how to advice so I do not want to sound like all the good ones are gone . a lot are still here