In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just back home from my sons shooting job

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in General Discussion

Large dairy a couple miles from my house has a pigeon problem. The owner asked me to get a pellett gun for him, he is from Netherlands and doesn't really know anything about guns so I got him a scoped single pump 1000ish fps rifle. I sighted the scope in and my 14 year old and I took it over and tried it out a couple weeks ago. In the process the owner came over to visit and watched my son walking around shooting pigeons.

The next day he called and said he'd pay my son $2 for every pigeon he shot haha. He went over a couple times after school and didn't have much luck, they saw him coming always and he couldn't get close enough. The owner stopped us yesterday and paid him $20 for the ones he got already and said another person was going to be trying also.

Not to be outdone I decided the best method would be to get a 550fps or so pellet gun and shoot them inside one of the barns, at night. If you know anything about pigeons you know that they won't fly outside at night.

We gave that a try last night and ended up with 15 confirmed kills and many more hit but didn't die right away so we didn't count them. Tonight we weren't there as long but got 9 confirmed, plus I shot a skunk with my silenced .22.

My wife has an old Crosman and she has been in on it too with me just supervising mainly, occasionally taking a shot. The two pellet guns are so quite it doesn't even startle the cows but the downside is there's lots of hits that don't kill the pigeon.

Anyway, it's been a pretty fun activity plus my son is making a little spending cash out of it.

I didn't take many pictures but this is one..

Comments