In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A complete car nut

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,278 ******

I've known a few folks that have bigger garages than their homes. Does that count? 🙂

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Some bikes demand their own driveways.

Raahhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭

My first actual home was a new build house. I think 1,500sq ft. 3bed 2 bath.

I left every inch of it builder grade, but I added a 3rd car garage and extended the whole garage 5ft in length. The garage was larger than the house!

It was the only house in the neighborhood with a 3 car garage.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,278 ******
    edited May 2021

My garage is a 4 car. It also has a 48 x 24 workshop upstairs. 🙂 All poured concrete walls into the side of a hill.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

I have a cousin who owns a pristine 1970 SS 454 he bought new . It has never slept outside in its life . He has more money in his garage than a lot of folks have in their house . The cartoon isnt so far fetched

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, since I have nowhere to gather my fruits? So he said, I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger, and there I will gather all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry. But God said to him, Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have prepared? So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

Nice cars, guns, houses, garages, diamonds, silver and gold mean nothing when your staring at the Grim Reaper eye to eye!

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I have always enjoyed cars and seldom follow or like celebrities' but if I could, Jay leno would be the fellow I would like to meet and hag out with and yes there is a few more collectors also I would not refuse to spend time with .

I am overwhelmed by Jays collection of cars, memorabilia, amazing what he has from a to z and his knowledge is also amazing .

think he would adopt a 64 year old fellow 😁

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Love to watch the series about his garage on tv . Leno had cars i have never even heard about .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....