In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ISIS in Africa

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Just what they need in Africa more crazy murdering thugs. From what i can see ISIS and other crazy muslim groups are all over Sub-Saharan Africa. The only group like that when I was there was Boko Haram and they were limited to a fairly small area. Now Boko Haram is all over Chad, Mali and Nigeria. Not ISIS is really picking up in the DR Congo as if they don't have enough crazys there already.

The ADF(Allied Democratic Front) has now aligned itself with ISIS and is using their terror tactics. They Beheaded 13 people and killed another 22 men, women and children. Another group is doing the same thing in Mozambique.

Here is a photo of a Congolese soldier who is a member of a QRF force I helped organize, train and deploy in 2010. I can see they have come a long way down, I would have never allowed one of my guys to look like this dirtbag, no wounder they are getting creamed.

RLTW

Comments

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Seattle or Minneapolis. Except there would be more smoke.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Dude, dude you teach them how to do that to their mags?????? HAHAHAHA

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

If I caught one of my guys doing that with a magazine he would still be doing push ups. Same with the ammo belt. I think the Chicoms took over the training or maybe the Russians.

RLTW

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

they have been fighting since the beginning of time and they will still be fighting at the end of time.

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

we will send them a ton of money if they promise to be nice.....

We already have sent a ton of money. I worked there for a year and made enough to pay off my home.

RLTW

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

linky no workee

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Sam06, my nephew served 12 years and got out of the Army after finishing up with 7th SF Group. I think he begin to think the next round had his name on it. Had to get permission to take a guy out. Maybe loosing his edge. Crossing back into green zone hit roadside bomb and his CO (West Pointer) killed instantly sitting next to him. Shrapnel hit nephew in face and right leg. Field radio saved his life. We got call (next of kin) 1am in morning and wife went nuts. Missed Army and went in to Texas NG in Austin. He was a young Command Sgt. Major and recently moved from Austin to Ft Bragg. We worry about him a lot. There were times a few years back when he disappeared from the face of the earth. You are right Sam06 there are things going on in Africa that would shock most of us.---------------------------------Ray

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

You have to wonder just how long those goobers would last crossing open ground in the face of 1/2 dozen motivated varmint or coyote hunters with good rifles.

My Son-in-Law did 2 tours in the Middle East. His comments were "If those 'indigs' could shoot as well as you (meaning me), none of us would have survived".

+1 I have never seen an African that could shoot worth a darn. I even trained Kenyan Rangers who were "snipers".

But put a Machete in their hand and point them at unarmed civilians and they are hell on wheels.

RLTW

edited May 2021

"Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner"

Warren Zevon*

Roland was a warrior from the Land of the Midnight Sun

With a Thompson gun for hire, fighting to be done

The deal was made in Denmark on a dark and stormy day

So he set out for Biafra to join the bloody fray

Through sixty-six and seven they fought the Congo war

With their fingers on their triggers, knee-deep in gore

For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees

They killed to earn their living and to help out the Congolese

Roland the Thompson gunner

Roland the Thompson gunner

His comrades fought beside him - Van Owen and the rest

But of all the Thompson gunners, Roland was the best

So the CIA decided they wanted Roland dead

That son-of-a-* Van Owen blew off Roland's head

Roland the headless Thompson gunner

Norway's bravest son (to even up the score)

They can still see his headless body stalking through the night

In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun

In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun

Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in

He found him in Mombassa in a barroom drinking gin

Roland aimed his Thompson gun - he didn't say a word

But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRWCK9zGynA

*Warren is not like the other boys. He was a little weird.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

Fifty years ago, that "Dude" would have been my first target. Then the one to his left rear and by that time the other two would have disappeared. Sooner or later, someone would have come back for the belt of MG ammo and got plunked also.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

Quote; *Warren is not like the other boys. He was a little weird.

I always think of "Werewolves of London" when you mention Warren Zevon. Waaaa Hooooo 🙂

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

I had an opportunity to move to South Africa a few years ago, with the plan being about 3 years.

The concept of the project was really brilliant and it was at least a little tempting to go.

That project still isn’t done, still isn’t properly resourced and the people that went are still over there not accomplishing anything.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

When you give a trial troupe of m#$ke@s a bunch of guns..................

• steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I had gone down to the country of El Salvador with my friend George to go surfing in the little town of La Libertad. They have great surfing down there, Pacific Ocean. We had rented an apartment near the beach. About 2 dozen California surf bums were just living in this town.

We had been down there for several months and one night in the bar room, George got into a fight with one of these California surf bum/junkies. I had been sitting at the table with George and this guy, drinking a beer, and he started saying "When the Oregon Trail opened up, with the covered wagons, everybody in the South with any brains or ambition, left states like Georgia and Tennessee and moved to California." He knew we were from Georgia. I just got up and left the table I wasn't going to listen to this crap.

George stayed there arguing with this goofball. In a minute the commotion began. George was a little guy but he just beat hell out of this guy. I am a big guy and I had to pull George off of this man before he killed him. The California stoner was a bloody mess on the floor, muttering "Bad vibes dude, you Georgia guys are like, real violent...."

I walked George back to our apartment and told him to stay there. I went back to the bar room and talked with the manager, who was yet another Gringo. He was mopping the blood off the floor. Also there was a broken chair. I paid him $40 for the damage, that seemed to settle him down. And I asked him what would happen. He said, it was 50/50 the cops would come, but if George got arrested it would be a very very bad deal for him. Could be years in jail they had a real screwed up justice system.

Of course, I wanted to put George in the car and get out of town, heck it was only 60 miles to the Guatemala border. But, my VW van was out of commission getting the engine rebuilt in a shop there in La Libertad. So I went in to town and found a taxi, he agreed to take George to the border for $60. George agreed to go to the town of Quetzaltenango, Guatemala and wait for me, I would be there in a week when I got the car fixed and pick him up. George took the midnight taxi to the border. He got out of the country safely and went to Quetzaltenango to wait for me.

And this song popped into my head

"I'm hiding in Honduras (Guatemala)

I'm a desperate man

Send lawyers, guns and money

The s** * has hit the fan..."

Warren Zevon nailed it. Life followed art.

• steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

That it is. Show the cover from "Bad Luck Day In Dancing School" Thats when we started calling him "Weird Warren"