In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shameless CMP Inland M1 carbine plug

mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

This is one of the firearms which I handed over to Locust Fork to sell for me (I can no longer deal with the endless parade of deadbeats buyers)

I bought this carbine from the CMP five years ago. It was from a small lot of the finial carbines sold by mail order from the CMP. The rifles were oversubscribed by 1000%, but I managed to get one. It is in nice shape and has a virtually new barrel. I also included all of the paperwork and a few extras I picked up for it during the five years it sat gathering dust in one of my safes. If you're interested in a M1 carbine then this rifle is worth a look.

Comments

• ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

like all your rifles its a nice one ,

i am sure it will do well .

I have one a underwood ( promised to my youngest son) I bought many years ago ( 25 to 30 yrs ) I really do not remember the price but ( 250.00 ? maybe ) the old fellow at the time my age now lol had a Winchester and the Underwood so for 50.00 less I went with the underwood money was a tight then also ,

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like you have some strong bidders Mark. Going to do very well.

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭

What is your return policy if I don't like it after I shoot it??

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

That is a nice gun Mark. If I had it, I don't think I would let it go. But, too rich for me.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I've got two others that are nicer, so there's no real reason to keep this one. One of the major wholesalers is offering refinished imported Inlands for $1400. I think that this is a better deal.

• gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

I am cutting down the number of guns I have but I wasn't considering my M1 carbine. Are they REALLY worth THAT much?

I was on the waiting list for the $20 carbines from the DCM when the CMP got their first bunch. I sent them an email asking if they would honor the old price. I got a reply from the man who said he was in charge & his reply was, "I appreciate your sense of humor." He then told me to include his e-mail & a copy of the backorder I had & he would see to it that I got a hand picked carbine. So now I have a carbine & still have the back order from around 1965.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

USGI carbines are bring good money. One of the major wholesalers had a small number of imported carbines from different manufacturers, all of them rebuilt and then refinished. Entry price on an Inland (the most common maker) was $1400.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Very nice rifle Mark. If this is not one of the better ones you have I can understand letting it go, but man... how much better are the other ones?! I hope it does well.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Nice rifle.

They are going up to crazy prices now. I never thought I would see a M1 Carbine for over $300 but then again I never thought I would see a IJA Araisaka for $25. They used to use them for Tomato stakes.

RLTW

edited May 2021

It's already above the best price I had imagined. Kasey is working her magic. You go, girl!

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Yup, Carbines are bringing good money. I just sold this one. Mark's has almost caught up with this one and will probably pass it in the time remaining, but I was very happy.

Plainfield M1 Carbine - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 899840377

edited May 2021

Kasey came though big time on this carbine. I could have never gotten this much money with my own auctions. Honestly, let Locust Fork sell your guns for you. Sure, she gets a few bucks, but she also does all of the work, and she has a following who will bid big money. She also pays fast, and down to the last 9 cents. Thanks, Kasey.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Mark!!! I am happy you are pleased with how things go here.

I went to Mobile and picked up some guns yesterday....in the mix is a 30 carbine that was forgotten about in a garage for an eternity, just heartbreaking. I've got to get it apart and start the soaking before I can even TRY to get this one on. I've got everyone coming in tomorrow to get the next batch up and going. I know....its a holiday, but we work for a crazy person that cannot imagine taking a Monday off in the middle of the busy season. (At least she feeds everyone lunch.) 😋

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I got here at seven this morning and have sent out the invoices from last night and have drunk my first cup of coffee. I need to pack up some stuff to go out tomorrow. I too have another carbine on the way in along with a small collection. Times are good and the living is easy. Kasey, I need to call you and find out what insurance company you are using.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭

We are with Markel. I don't know if there is a better option out there or not for what we do, but the package covers everything I expect it to. Its $1000 per year, $250 per quarter, for $250,000 of coverage. It covers everything, even your tools and displays, things in transit and even repairs that don't go as expected.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com