In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Listened to someone from Locust Fork critique Frida Kahlo while waiting for my tacos today

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

I pick up lunch for everyone here on work days....today was taco day! In the local restaurant they have a self portrait (print) of Frida Kahlo by the door.

I had the rare opportunity to listen in on what someone thought of the painting today. His exact words to his two boys were....

"I can't go fer that. Some things go together, but thats just _______"

He kept talking as he walked to the table with his boys and they were just walking along not saying a word. I don't even think the boys looked at the picture.

It was one of her sitting with monkeys on her shoulders and antlers coming from the top of her head.....nothing too outlandish (compared to some of her other work.) I'd love to hear what he had to say about her more "wild" paintings.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments