In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bill Clinton

mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Went to my mom's house today after work to visit her (she had a total shoulder replacement last Monday) and my daughter, who is 17 y.o. (temporarily living with Gram. She came here from Colombia a year ago. She was born in Texas......went to Kalif. after her mom and I divorced, then lived in Guadalajara and Colombia (where her mother is from)) I have an effeciency apt. so she is living with Gram............I know, it is complicated.......anyway she is finishing high school here).

So, she says she has the perfect thing for us to watch tonight............ok..........she wanted to watch a documentary about Bill Clinton's presidency...........ok..........I asked her why Bill Clinton, and she said that they were studying about presidents from the 60's to the present, in school.

I am just glad that she is gaining some interest in politics. I know she was interested in the Lewinski scandal, which is featured prominently in the series.........but there is a fair treatment of the politics too.

BTW.......she really liked my new Star PD.

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Would consider the Lewinski/Clinton debacle a teachable moment.

Illustrates just how corrupt, partisan, and dirty the media complex can be. These people totally destroyed Miss Lewinski for merely telling the truth. She was later vindicated by DNA analysis.

After the DNA analysis, the corrupt media went on to proclaim lying was OK and Clintons sex life was none of our business and justified his behavior. When the GOP congress impeached Clinton. The media went on on a campaign condemning the impeachment saying it was partisan and unjustified. They refused to report most of it.

Amazing how propaganda can change the narrative to Miss Lewinski and the GOP congress being the bad guys and the Clintons the good. A trend that still exists.

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Good for her that she is engaged in her school class and learning a little about the system. Be a good time to have that pocket constitution handy and she can look up the sections that apply when they are discussed.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

Good to hear that she is interested in America history. Slick Willy is a good topic but we have a more current one. kamela is a great role model for our young girls. Her background will teach that if you treat the important people with love, there is no limit in what you can achieve.

😛

It's too late for me, save yourself.