In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1917 the movie

pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Watched it last nite .Great plot line and zll around good flick. Looks like they really went the extra mile to get the details right .I highly recommend it.

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 

Comments

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Wife and I have watched it a couple times. Very interesting the way it was filmed continuously with no cuts between scenes. Good flick.

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭

Also check out the 2011 movie War Horse..

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Member Posts: 4

Flyboys- Americans flying for France

A Very Long Engagement-French soldiers

All Quiet on the Western Front-German soldiers

There was an American remake w Ernest Bornine and Richard Thomas

Then there’s the 1930 classic

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

I thought the plot line was a 'bit' thin. The 'generals' send two 'noobs' across enemy territory to deliver a very important message. the special effects were good, but when the remaining noob gets to the proper place the 'supposed' to attack army is facing an open field (no wire, trenches, ect.)

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

It was a well done movie, besides the plot being a little thin, they also stretched it out a little too long making for a slow movie, and it was entirely too predictable. Not a memorable movie for me.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin with my mom...........The Alamo Drafthouse is a dine/drink and watch theatre............we enjoyed it.