In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

You can never be too safe at night...................................

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******

I want one of those!

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited May 2021

Cool factor- High

Emergency use- Zero

for those reasons, I'm out

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

I admire the heck out of the engineering and woodworking skills that went into making that but would never use it for storing firearms. WAAAYYY to slow to get to anything.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Underneath the bed is the riot gun. Nothing fancy but effective.

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say the guy is a highly skilled craftsman, not many of them left today. Actually looked like it worked well.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

Not practical for me but I appreciate his woodworking skill.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

That was a hell of a woodworking project. Maybe a way to secrete some arms away from burglars............but not too practical in an emergency.

I just sleep with a S&W MP in a kydex holster under my pillow. It's in a "retention" holster, so no chance I will pull the trigger in my sleep, but I know where it is and it is easy to put into action.

And yes, I am a bachelor, so no chance that curious little ones or others will find it.

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭

Don't need or want my life dependant on a magnet, might be good for hiding money or jewelry though.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭

I Come from a long line and family of sleeping with a gun under there pillows also more firepower not far away

I had a great aunt and uncle he kept a pistol and she had a hunting knife under her pillow as a kid I thought every one carried a pistol and slept with it lol

Agree great craftsmanship and neat factor is up there but in the dead of night just woke up half asleep not the best way to get to a gun

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭

I built a hidden drawer in to the table next to the recliner. Was for a firearm, but has turned in in to a junk drawer.

I need to clean it out.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

I really like it! Yes, it's complicated, but the pop up compartment in the back seems quick and easy to access in an emergency. At least as easy as most bedside gun vaults. Like mohawk said, the other compartments might just be a good place to stash things away from prying eyes.

I suppose, for what it would cost, a person could buy 1 or 2 decent safes, but everyone knows what's in those.

Arrivederci gigi