In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can your Glock do this?

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
edited May 2021 in General Discussion

“Taking the famous Regard model further by creating two models geared towards competition shooting, EAA introduces the Regard Sport Gen 3 and Gen 4. Stylish G10 grips standout off the blue/black steel slide and light weight alloy frame. Choose from either the safety on the frame (Gen 4) or safety on the slide (Gen 3) to meet your needs. Both come equipped with an accessory rail, Window Grip and Window Magazine and are available in 9mm caliber. The Gen 4 Decocker rebounds for fast return to action.”

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Nope. But they damn sure shoot every time I pull the trigger and hit just what I am aiming for. And you know what?? That is exactly what I was looking for when I bought them. It seems I remember some proverb about bitching about a product that one can not gain the skill to use properly; what was it now?? Oh yes, I remember. "It is a poor workman who blames his tools". That was it.

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

I am all for more competition focused firearms and more people shooting competitively.

I hope its a great gun and it brings in boatload of people to the shooting sports.

I think the grips and clear plastic mags are kind-of a gadget that don’t equate to a competitive advantage but Mag-Pul has sold about a zillion AR mags with a “window”, so who knows.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭

Wow. It has a rebounding decocker for fast return to action. Haven't seen one of those in a while...

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

That looks a whole lot like a Beretta M92FS.

RLTW

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭

I'd rather just have the 92FS instead of an overprice Turkish copy.

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭

copy is elegant Italian inspired lines.. and there's Austrian workhorses

its kinda like a Land Rover verses a Toyota.

One will get you there, and one will have your back while you're there

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

Many moons ago glocks were just hitting the gun shows and well omg plastic guns lol got a lot of attention

Any way I was by a glock dealers table and several 1911 fans walked up carrying there pride and joy

Making fun of the glocks the dealer took the slide off one beat the frame on the table hard and fast then ask let me have your 1911 and do the same and see if any damage or like this glock no problems .no one took him up on the offer .

I was impressed but still do not have one my son has a few and his buddy competes with his glocks he is amazing to watch

So after 40 years ? Or how ever long ago it was I have found myself thinking about a glock maybe a model 19 or 17 I bought a few mags then the panic hit so the pistol got put on hold

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭

Not sure that looks any better than a Glock really.

I first bought a Glock because they offered them in 10mm. They were light weight and good capacity. Add that up and it's a good defense gun for all critters in my area (2 and 4 legged). I have all 3 10mm models now. I've never owned a Glock in a different caliber.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,311 ******

I mean, the Glock does the shooting part, and probably just as well.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain