In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The American Bantam

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

They look like toy cars. This company built the first jeeps of WWII. It was also Donald Duck's car.

Comments

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭

I think the bottom one is an actual toy.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭

No cup holder?

😕

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,358 ******

"I think the bottom one is an actual toy." yeah no tire tracks in the sand...

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

It looks to me as if it is sitting on a table overlooking the beach. Bob

• Options
    Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭

And I thought we were talking chickens!

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Could you stuff a 427 Big Block in it?

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭

I've seen one here in Calif that had a blown 350 in it.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

people where smaller back in the day

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

neat old cars I would like to have a few of th eold mini cars like that but when younger no way LOL

as for vw bugs I went to high school with a fellow who had a great fondness of the bugs in high school he had one all customized out huge tires , rear windows filled in bright orange had some work done to the engine it was sharp and got attention * but it was still a VW bug to me )

fast forward 35 years or so I bumped into him while riding around in my camaro and started talking about cars he has a vw bug with a 350 but the fun fact he shared with me the try five chevy frames ( 55-57 ) are almost a direct bolt in to the bugs body . that's what his was also the next few weekends we would meet at the local cruse ins

hot rodderes have stuffed big engines into any thing and every thing remember the hemi colts back in the 70's the big block henry J's the bantams so many more vega's , pinto's , gremlins .. it was the post office if it fits it ships

there is a local pick up with a helicopter turbo engine in it impractical but neat

. years ago I had a v8 vega and my youngest son had a s10 pick up with 350 blown( supercharged ) for a while )

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭

Back in the day i helped stuff more than one big block chevy into assorted vegas and such . Know one guy who stuffed a 454 into a chevy luv truck .Buddy in high school built a 455 buick enginr into a standard chevy pickup .No shortage of hotrods in my area

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭

SoreShoulder, thanks for that. I had to do some reading. Interesting car and company.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.