In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Were I to have any, I would sell them now.

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

The seizure announced on Monday was conducted by a recently launched ransomware and digital extortion task force, which was able to track bitcoin transactions. It was the group’s first operation of its kind, investigators said during a press conference on Monday.

Colonial Pipeline CEO Joseph Blount first said during an interview with The Wall Street Journal that he paid $4.4 million in cryptocurrency to free the company’s systems.

About 63.7 bitcoins have been recovered, with an estimated value of about $2.3 million, according to the DOJ. The company paid about 75 bitcoins in ransom, according to authorities.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Pass on having any

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

I think this proves that Bitcoin can be hacked, but I am no expert.

Brad Steele
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

My IQ prevented me from using digital currency years ago.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

They have a quantum computer on line to crack the crypto wallet on bitcoin more than likely. Everyday SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer is now at a crossroads. Governments have that technology now and Intelligence services have a new tool to play with!

Always remember in a crisis that gold, silver, platinum and copper in your possession is money everything else is credit with government debt bonds. Cash, crypto digital tokens are nothing but speculations endeavors. You have been sold out to the money changers.

serf

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

Hard assets are always important, serf. At present, I would include cash money as a hard asset. It is softening, however, due to the actions of our Government and our Central Bank, but for the near-term, a few bucks tucked away in the house will serve you well. I would also agree with Gold, Silver, and Platinum, but do not see copper as a viable hedge.

A collapsing economy will degrade the value of copper much faster than the others, but it could be used to cast bullets, I guess.

Brad Steele
  • Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

Ammo will be the currency, imho, either the treat of using it or trading it...

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭

But Hillary's emails are lost

Ha ha ha BS

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited June 2021

It's quite possible there were markers put into the ransom transaction that made it distinctly traceable. Clearly tracking is not easy or they would have recovered all of it. Based on that fact alone Bitcoin would appear to be almost 100 fold better than any cash transaction, so far as security goes, so if not bitcoin, what alternative?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain