In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gov. Witless

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

I am cursed to live in a state that for at least this election cycle has been graced with the presence of her Highness Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Her new plan to get people back to work is to give them $300/week through September if they get back on the job. That $300 would be in addition to their regular paycheck. Of course in September canceling the program will be deemed a hardship and they will try to continue it ad infinitum.

Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't discontinuing aid provide more of an incentive to get people to return to work? At the very least we wouldn't be wasting money on handouts and boosting inflation. Of course my idea wouldn't generate the votes needed to keep her in office, so I guess it would be a non starter. Bob

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

You are correct in your assumption of discontinuing the gravy train, however DEMOCRATs dont think that way.

DEMOCRATs think in terms of creating a lifetime of dependency upon them as long as they are in control of government. Also, consider when people do not work, government does not collect a myriad of taxes from individuals income as well as the corporations themselves.

You can be certain Whitmer will remind voters of her bonuses as a motivational tool and she benefits from a benevolent and corroborating media which will refuse to report any of her failures, bad decisions (IE Nursing Homes and lockdowns) and PP management during the Covid pandemic.

As a final note: Keep in mind these are the same DEMOCRATs telling us chromosomes do not tell us the sex of your average human being.

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭

I am still waiting on the pension tax repeal. And she hasn't fixed the damned roads.

• Options

I hope you ain't holding your breath. She is to busy working on transgender legislation and doesn't have time for anything else. Well maybe she had time to fly to Florida after she shut the state down. Or maybe she was to busy breaking her own mask rules in the bar with her friends. Gretchen Witless has has proven herself to be nothing but a clueless democrat party lackey. Bob

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

Help wanted signs everywhere but no one really wants to work. All of those who simply walked away from a job expecting the handouts to continue are now coming up short. Businesses don't want to hire, train, and then discover those new employees only wanted to show they had a job in order to get more handouts.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Get'um lazy and on the dole so The NWO with artificial intelligence can take control of how you live with total control of the economy,Th NWO will be a totally encompassing conception of The new normal and it's not going to be free at all.

Totally inclusive with multiculturalism but with dictatorial rules with in the 1ST Admendment and the 2nd amendment will be totally destroyed because of unrest within the new paradigm.

serf

• Options

Kind of a big leap from politicians catering and bribing constituents to remain in office to a NWO (whoever they are) assuming control. I think it will be just the opposite in that politicians will fight against a mythical NWO because they will lose control and power. There won't be room for incompetent office holders like Gov. Witless or even most of our federal government. Do you see the fat and happy current denizens of Washington giving up their power to a NWO? Even if they stay in office, they will become much smaller fish in the political ocean and I don't think they will let that happen.

As far as A.I., yes it will be more obtrusive than ever but Pandora is out of the box. A.I. is already influencing most aspects of your life, from the stock market to the jar of pickles you just got at the grocery store. Self learning machines have been around for some time and so far have been fairly benign. Self aware A.I. has had no real progress in becoming a reality. If it ever happens, those same politicians have to much at stake and will want it to be controlled like Asimovs' laws of robotics and not the like the Terminator. So I am afraid that we will see the same type of lazy, power hungry politicians in control for the foreseeable future with perhaps newer tech to help them stay in control. But in a small way, I guess it is better to have to deal with the corruption and ineptitude of our politicians than your apocalyptic predictions. Bob

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

You got to con'um before you drop the axe on'um. Every modern country has got Those Quantum computers now clicking away.Just digest this one Bob.

Starts \slows but ends big!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5J4axZUa44&t=1s

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭

I knew that when I didn't vote for her. I don't think reelection is in her future.

• Options
    Mr. OMr. O Member Posts: 260 ✭✭

We still use the dominion machines and the AG is her BFF, don't be surprised when she "wins" .

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin

Aren't you guys recalling her?

• Options

I believe there are 6 petitions that have been approved to go forward to recall Witless. I don't have a lot of hope that any recall will be successful. There is to much apathy and a lot of entrenched democratic voters that think she walks on water because of the free government money. The extra $300/week if you go back to work is nothing but a blatant bribe for her to fight any recall. Bob

• Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭✭

I have a shirt with her name on it, but it's spelled way different than yours above. I'll just give the initials. IDIOT

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Any one here that is working or retired is already taking a 15% pay cut this year because of inflation. The real inflation not the fake crap the Fed feeds us. three hundred a week extra might cover that...

She is a wonderful example of what happens when you let a nasty hateful hag out of the laundry room.