In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R box lock O/U 12-ga made by Lanbar in Spain barrel selector switch broken/jammed

hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭

The gun is a single trigger over and under made in Spain in 1980s and imported by Harrington Richardson.. On the tang mounted thumb safety there is a small switch that I would guess allows shooter to choose which barrel fires first. A single "dot" marks one side of the switch and a double dot marks the other side. The switch seems jammed to the side with a single dot. Just how doe this mechanism work? Does the firing pin become disabled on one barrel? How can I unjam this switch?

Comments

• Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭

I removed the stock and examined the safety mechanism and noticed that a spring clip that holds the safety was out of position. I returned the clip to its correct position and the barrel selector switch began to operate correctly. I replaced the stock and the gun functions correctly.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

I have found that, after sitting for 20-30 years, the oil inside the frame of some guns breaks down & hardens. I suggest that you try any gun cleaner that comes in an aerosol can with a thin straw, & blast it in every opening in the frame. (Protect the wood with rags.) Then try wiggling the trigger, opening lever, & selector.

Neal